Strange Location Displayed
JWB357
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid2 has been behaving fine since I picked it up upon it's release. I enjoyed almost a year with my original Droid but the "2" is much better. Technical issues with the original prompted it's early demise.

Anyway....Tonight I have a VERY STRANGE issue going on. I live in Stamford and whatever tower I am defautling to is showing it's location as "Republicka Srpska" including the weather for THAT location which appears to be in Bosnia.

If I slide over a couple of screen there is the default Accuweather display which also shows a city in the same area. Imljani is the city shown there.

What is really weird is that if I turn off the Verizon network and connect via Wi-Fi it correctly shows my location and weather. Also if I turn off "Tower Location" and turn on GPS it again shows the correct location.

At first I was concerned some strange hack was going on in my phone but I drove down to Greenwich earlier and when I moved from the current tower, the correct city and weather were displayed. As soon as I got back home, the Bosnian location is displayed.

It seems like somone has messed with the Verizon cell tower and chnaged it's location. VERY STANGE. I never have seen this before.

Jeff

0 Likes