Software Update 2.3.4 Buggy
Littlefergy67
Enthusiast - Level 2
I updated my phone this morning and now I cannot:
1. View or add contacts (Force closes)
2. Open dialer (force closes)
3. Gmail will not open most of the time.
I need my phone so anyone know how I can resolve this? If I need to go to a Verizon store that is no problem but I need my phone to work.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Software Update 2.3.4 Buggy
Littlefergy67
Enthusiast - Level 2
I did a factory reset and now my phone is working again. :smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MostlyALurker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you tried restarting the phone? I've been having some bugs too, and that seems to help.

0 Likes
Littlefergy67
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've tried that once but I will try again...
0 Likes
Littlefergy67
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have restarted the phone several times now and still have the same problems...
0 Likes
_pantechuser_
I also updated my phone yesterday and it is not reading my SD card. Contacts messed up also. The app sdrescan is not working for me either. Is there some way to help with this?
0 Likes
hudtownman
Enthusiast - Level 3

You know what VZW is going to say.....factory reset.

0 Likes
Littlefergy67
Enthusiast - Level 2
I REALLY don't want to do a factory reset though...
0 Likes
shugaslimm

Same problem here, I can't acess my dialer, my toolbar was iniitially missing my quicklaunch bar at the top (that came back after a reboot). Is there anyway I can roll back this update, I can't go through a factory reset everything this thing has a problem. 

0 Likes
Littlefergy67
Enthusiast - Level 2
I did a factory reset and now my phone is working again. :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
amyd55

when i am going into my contact and scrolling to find somone...my phone freezes...it will ask me if i want to forclose or wait...if i wait the smae message comes up...if i forclose i cant get back into my contacts...also, i get a message alot that says the activity dialer in application not responding...i went to a verizon store and the girl in the store told me i had to remove my battery ever 2 days at least????what kind of an answer is that...ok...so i try it...i have removed my battery two time in one day and my phone keeps loking up while in contacts...why have a phone when i can drive to where i am trying to call before my phone works....someone...help!!!!!

0 Likes