So many problems
EmilyWTF

I have had 3 warranty replacements.  Well, it is now out of warranty and I have a problem where it will not charge unless it is connected to a computer.  I have already tried many wall outlets, different chargers, etc. It doesn't charge at all today and the phone has died completely and will not work.

Anyone else had this problem?

I think that I should not have to buy a new phone just based on the history of problems but I suspect that Verizon will just say, too bad, no more warranty.

0 Likes
Re: So many problems
junior509
Contributor - Level 1

If that is the situation it will be best to contact Motorola to find out how far out of warranty you are and I assume a supervisor might override the warranty for you to send it in for repair.

Good luck

0 Likes
Re: So many problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to charge your phone, so let's see what we need to do to get you working. Have you tried using the same cable you connect to your computer with a wall unit instead? Sometimes it can simply be extra debris built up in the charging port that causes certain cables to make charging contact better than others. If you power your Droid X down before connecting it to a wall or car charger, will it charge then?  Do you get any error message trying to charge your Droid X?  Has there been any physical or liquid damage on your phone?

Although your phone is out of the original one year warranty, you may have an extended warranty or insurance to help with a replacement. Check out http://bit.ly/S3Tyol to double check your coverage options. You can also dial #UPG from your phone to find out when your upgrade date is.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes