Skype Mobile on DROID X
Marian

My Skype mobile app is not running on my DROID X. I keep getting the message "Skype mobile can only be used on Verizon Wireless in the US. To learn about using Skype mobile to make free for low-cost calls from the US, visit www.verizonwireless.com/skypemobile"  and after I click OK it brings me back to the Skype login screen. I am a former Alltell customer.

1. Anyone got this problem?

2. Anyone has any idea how I can solve this ?

I have called Verizon customer support, talke to James who has no ideea about the problem but said that he will transfer me to the 'special Skype department' and forgot me on hold. ;-(

Thank you,

Marian

0 Likes
Re: Skype Mobile on DROID X
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Marian wrote:

My Skype mobile app is not running on my DROID X. I keep getting the message "Skype mobile can only be used on Verizon Wireless in the US. To learn about using Skype mobile to make free for low-cost calls from the US, visit www.verizonwireless.com/skypemobileand after I click OK it brings me back to the Skype login screen. I am a former Alltell customer.

1. Anyone got this problem?

2. Anyone has any idea how I can solve this ?

I have called Verizon customer support, talke to James who has no ideea about the problem but said that he will transfer me to the 'special Skype department' and forgot me on hold. ;-(

Thank you,

Marian

HiI understand that you have questions regarding Skype and I will be happy to help you furtherAre you not trying it in the United StatesSkype mobile only works with our 3G network so if you are attempting to use it via Wifi, it will not work.

Please let me know if you have any other questions :smileywink:

Thanks!

0 Likes
Marian
Nicole,
1. I am in US;
2. Could you read my post again if you wanna help please? The message that I receive is different than the one that you receive if you try Skype on the WiFi.

I believe that my problem could be related to the fact that I am a former Alltel customer, and the system thinks, somehow, that I am not a Verizon customer.

Thank you for your reply,
Marian
0 Likes
thebestkids

I am having the same problem Marion...I am also a former Alltel subscriber...if you find a solution please let me know...I am so frustrated!!!

0 Likes