Selling a Moto Droid question......
docholliday
Enthusiast - Level 3

If  I sell my Moto Droid can anyone buy it and activate it even tho I am still under contract? Would the phone be free and clear for whoever buys it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Selling a Moto Droid question......
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Yes, anyone will be able to activate it. Just make sure you either disconnect the line it's on or activate a different phone in it's place.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Yes, anyone will be able to activate it. Just make sure you either disconnect the line it's on or activate a different phone in it's place.

0 Likes
Juice

and how can the person activate the phone into their contract?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

they'll have to have a data plan or i don't believe verizon will let them activate it. if they have the $29.99 plan (or are willing to add it) then you should be able to just go into the store and have them active it. if the phone will be disconnected and you have no past due balances or any other issues with vzn (and i'm assuming it's not stolen or been reported as lost), then you can advertise it as a moto droid with a "clean esn." this will let buyers know that they'll have no problems activating it. i think you can even get the esn # (either off the phone or from zvn) so a potetial buyer can verify with verizon that it's clean.

0 Likes
Not applicable

But somebody is going to have to finish paying for the phone if it's not already paid for.

0 Likes
docholliday
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife is keeping her contract with vzw..just going to activate a new/different phone....Does anyone know about the Casio Exilim? Good/ Bad or otherwise????

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

doc.....check it out:

http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/casio-exilim-c721-verizon/4505-6454_7-33675594.html

cnet editors like it and i think cnet does a great job reviewing products. the the user ratings weren't quite as good. if your wife mostly wants a really good camera, then it looks fine. but i'm not fond of flip phones and i need a qwerty keyboard. if she emails or browses the web with it, then i'm not sure it would work?

0 Likes
docholliday
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the great info......

0 Likes
Disco63
Contributor - Level 1

It's the only phone in the midrange 3G MM group that does not require the Verizon forced $9.99 data plan

0 Likes