SIM card
Luverne

When I look in the settings the SIM card is recognized.  When I use the USB cable to the computer from the DroidX, the sim and look at the settings, I get a message that I need to install a SIM card, and non is available.

0 Likes
Re: SIM card
Cody21
Master - Level 2

When you mount the SD card into a computer via the USB connection, the phone will no longer "see" the SD card - like the msg you are seeing. It gets "mounted" for the computer to work with it.  (There is a connection option that you can see by swiping down the top bar that says "charge only" (I think) that *MAY* allow you to see the card on the phone ...  but not sure, I'd have to try it.  In any case, it appears to be working as it should. Once you unmount the phone from your PC's USB connection, it will "come back".

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Cody21 wrote:

When you mount the SD card into a computer via the USB connection, the phone will no longer "see" the SD card - like the msg you are seeing. It gets "mounted" for the computer to work with it.  (There is a connection option that you can see by swiping down the top bar that says "charge only" (I think) that *MAY* allow you to see the card on the phone ...  but not sure, I'd have to try it.  In any case, it appears to be working as it should. Once you unmount the phone from your PC's USB connection, it will "come back".

You got is correct, the option is Charge Only, once you switch to this option you can then use card on phone while cable is plugged into PC but keep in mind this makes it so you wont be able to access it on PC still.... You can only access card one way at a time.  There is a few apps that clams to allow simulated connection with PC and Phone at same time but they do not work correctly so I wouldnt suggest using them.

Power Widget is nice to use because this way at a glance you can see what connections are being used on device and you can toggle the SD Mass Storage mode by a push of a button, I use it and love it..

@ Luverne

Just thought I would point out that a Droid X does not support a SIM card and the card you are speaking of is a SD Card, these two items are very diffrent in function and misidentifing may get you a incorrect answer.

0 Likes
anonymous-x

@ wildman, I already know the X has no sim card , so why does the X even reply to a sim card? Thanks

0 Likes