Removing obnoxious "DROID" during boot?
sparkyguy

I know it's a small thing, but it drives me nuts: Is there any way to remove the obnoxious robot-voice "DROID" from the boot animation for my HTC Incredible?  I don't need any animation at all if that what it comes down to -- I'd just like to be able to power up my phone without the obnoxious noise. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Removing obnoxious "DROID" during boot?
AZSALUKI
Legend

but you signed an agreement that clearly states they can add whatever they want. you're missing the point. the point is there are MANY things in our daily life that we just deal with. i was just trying to point out (since YOU brought up the car horn comparison) that i do, in fact, have to listen to the car honk, if i'd like to use my remote. so i deal with it. not to mention that there IS a solution to the original post here....and that is to mute or vibrate the phone before you shut it down. it's pretty simple. there's really no need to turn every thread here into your campaign against bloatware. we all get it...you hate it. but for this particualr thread, there is a VERY easy workaround. if you don't want to hear "DROOOID," then turn the phone to vibrate or mute.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Since it is part of the boot process, I think it is there to stay. SO MANY people wanted that from the update. I was happy with the swooshing Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i like it, but if you don't...just put it on vibrate before u turn it off.

0 Likes
thunderbucks

budone wrote:

Since it is part of the boot process, I think it is there to stay. SO MANY people wanted that from the update. I was happy with the swooshing Verizon Wireless.

Among other critical update possibilities, I'm glad to hear this was among the most desirable for Verizon customers.  Personally, I loathe the fact that my Incredible is under the Droid branding and associated with those Motorola piles of garbage.  Oh well, better than having MotoBlur I guess! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
jacomoman

You're all missing the point...  it's YOUR phone!  You paid for it.  You should be able to personalize it and do pretty much anything to it you like.  All this nonesense with apps you can't remove and noises you can't control is just bull____.

This is what you get when there's lack of real competition in the CDMA space.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It has nothing to do with lack of competiton, every provider has their own bootup screen. And every provider is loading apps onto their Droids that they see fit for the phone.Though some of the apps Google is adding, I am sure for a price from the provider of the app.

Go check out an iPhone and see what ATT has loaded on it.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

also....EVERY phone i had prior to this one had some sort of start up noise.....unless it was turned off while on silent or vibrate mode. my last one was an env touch. when it started, the verizon logo splased and it made 3 or 4 bell type chimes. you could never customize any of the phones i've had to not do that. i don't see how this is any different? maybe most phones have that option and i've just never had one or never realized i had the uption to customize the boot process????

0 Likes
sparkyguy

I had a Blackberry Pearl (Verizon) prior to the DInc; no sound-effects during boot. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

like i said....maybe i just had phones that had them. i had an env touch and prior to it, 3 different flip phones (one lg and 2 samsungs). they all did it. it wuold be nice, and seems like it would be very simple, for them to add a simple setting of "silent upon startup" or something like that. until then....just turn the volume off before you shut it down.

0 Likes
w40d1n1
Enthusiast - Level 3
I've never had a "forced noise" phone before this one. It seems like a not-well-thought-out design to not have an option to disable. Imagine if your car horn sounded everytime you started your car....
0 Likes