Remove 4.0.4
ben333
Enthusiast - Level 2

4.0.4 was automatically installed on my phone this morning. I hate it and want it removed. My wifi turns itself off and on, it is harder to access my contacts from my dialer, the background of my calendar widget and Google search are now black and the overall appearance of everything seems blacker and more contrasty, I like a brighter theme. I can find no way to change any of these things and have no time to spend learning all this stupid stuff. I just want my phone to work like it always has, I was happy with it. It also seems that this new version is not as customizable as the other version.

.... in any case there are many more reasons I don't like it. And what is with this update being forced upon me?  Seems more like Microsoft than good old Goolgle. 

So, how do I go back to the other version?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remove 4.0.4
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't believe there is a way to 'undo' the update, unfortunately

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't believe there is a way to 'undo' the update, unfortunately

0 Likes
junior509
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately once ics is installed on the phone, downgrade is not an available option and Motorola had confirmed that.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

1) you cannot undo the update. It was NOT automatically installed as you had to accept the update for it to install.

2) Auto WiFi On you can turn off. Sometime in the first 72 hours you will get a pop up menu asking you to set it up. You can set it to NOT auto on at that point. I am sure there is a way to go to it and do this I just have not found it yet.

3) Dialer itself is pretty much the same as it was. Once opened there are various options there, and you can dial from within the People App (used to be contacts).

4) the Colors do take a little getting used to

The benefits of ICS greatly outnumber the few inconveniences and it is definitely worth the upgrade.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Nope once it's done it's done) Jake is correct the only thing you can do is clear the system Cache or perform a Factory Reset..

0 Likes
ben333
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here are the problems I have with this update:

Corporate calendar sync info. has been lost.

All my facebook contacts are now mixed in with my phone contacts.

The battery saver feature that allows me to control how my battery is used has been removed; my battery is drained much faster now.

Pop up ads now appear on the top bar of my home screen on my phone.

The new alarm that was installed lacks the slide feature which prevents accidentally dismissing the alarm when you want to snooze it.

About half of the picture avatars I use for my contacts are now distorted and/or extremely pixelized.

A lot of my widgets that I used to use are gone and no easy way to get them back.

The overall color scheme has been changed to black, I don't like it and there is no way to change it back.

Wifi turns itself off and on. But mostly turns itself off after I have turned it on.

Password to unlock my phone is gone.

When browsing the internet there is no longer a feature that allows you to open a link in a new window.

These are the problems I can thing of right now.

I have spent about two hours correcting the above problems that could be corrected.

In the end, I am unhappy with my phone. I spend about $1,700 a year on my cell phone bill and feel as though I should be happy with what I pay for.

I was notified about this upgrade and had to click accept, but in the notification I didn't see where all these changes were listed, if I had I would not have accepted the update.

So, the final result. It cannot be undone. I have only had my phone for about 7 months. I ordered a replacement which should arrive today, when I start it I will not accept the update.

0 Likes