Reliable car Bluetooth with FM transmitter ..
susja
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I am using voice dialing on my Droid X and it works just fine.

I wanted to buy a good car Bluetooth with FM transmitter and found that Satechi car kit is one of the best. Actually it provides decent quality of sound but it has extremely poor voice recognition feature i.e.. very often it fails to recognize commands and etc and I'm going to return it back.

Could  someone recommend me one reliable car Bluetooth with FM transmission for my Droid X which has could voice recognition feature?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Reliable car Bluetooth with FM transmitter ..
Wildman
Legend

I do not suggect you use a FM reciever for this because I have noticed to much interferance, If you have a inout jack on your unit (RCA or Headphone) I sugest using a Jabra Clipper Bluetooth Stereo Headset (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=12253&accesso...) because the sound qualith is actually stero not anolag mono signal like the FM transmitter... My device automatically connects when I get in car and the device has a built in mic for hands free use.

But if you perfer a FM Transmitter you can use a Jabra Cruiser In-Car Bluetooth Speakerphone (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=11962&accesso...) and just allow it to use the speaker on device because sound quality is clearer and lest distortion...  It has a FM Transmitter built in but I really was not impressed with Transmitter quailty, I went through every radio channel hoping to get a better outcome but I had no luck and bought the Jabra Clipper Bluetooth Stereo Unit and been happy since.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I do not suggect you use a FM reciever for this because I have noticed to much interferance, If you have a inout jack on your unit (RCA or Headphone) I sugest using a Jabra Clipper Bluetooth Stereo Headset (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=12253&accesso...) because the sound qualith is actually stero not anolag mono signal like the FM transmitter... My device automatically connects when I get in car and the device has a built in mic for hands free use.

But if you perfer a FM Transmitter you can use a Jabra Cruiser In-Car Bluetooth Speakerphone (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=11962&accesso...) and just allow it to use the speaker on device because sound quality is clearer and lest distortion...  It has a FM Transmitter built in but I really was not impressed with Transmitter quailty, I went through every radio channel hoping to get a better outcome but I had no luck and bought the Jabra Clipper Bluetooth Stereo Unit and been happy since.

0 Likes
DrDroidDre
Enthusiast - Level 3

Honestly per the previous response, yes the bluetooth will have a better quality because of the frequency the sound travels on. Now as far as the interference, I may have static for 2 seconds out of an hour drive two times a day and thats only when driving past the airport. As far as quality of mono vs stereo I actually have no distortion because I do not turn the media sound to the max levels on the droid x and the car radio quality  is clear enough with the "Mono", If i wanted too, i could hit 135 db's which is competion sound. But thats a cheap idea I know. If your vehicle has BT technology A- Why would you need to purchase a $60.00 jabra kit b- go to youtube and type in pairing BT with you vehicle. Thats should be the end of your issue.

"I have no professional training"

0 Likes
DrDroidDre
Enthusiast - Level 3

The previous response from Wildman is the best idea. I usually have to speak up a bit but I've also noticed and read that others with the x are having voice issues. I get yelled at on daily basis bc of the devices mic issues while not on the. Fm transmitter. So sound A+ and the voice issues wildman might be able to fill us in

0 Likes
DrDroidDre
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
anonymous-x

Just to add I went from the T1 to the Plantronics Backbeat 903,  they're the best Headset I've ever used.  Little bit of chage but it's better than some male voice talking to you & the many variations of brands & prices I think I'm going to lose some friends b/c I've about run out of Blutooth's to give away. :smileyhappy:  Verizon does sell them.

0 Likes