Probs with screen not responding to touch
Brettmc79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've got the droid inc 2.  In the past few days my phone has started to stop responding when I touch the screen or when it does it will act like I'm doing a long hold on the screen.  I have to lock the screen and then unlock it to stop it from happening and then it will start to happen again after 30 secs to a min.  Also the screen has stopped turning off and I have to lock the screen manually to get it to go off.  I even did a factory reset of my phone and was having the same probs when I was trying to activate it.  Was wondering if anybody else was having these probs like this.

Thanks,

Brett

0 Likes
Re: Probs with screen not responding to touch
Rawchell

I've been having the same problem for about two months now. I re-calibrated the screen, but that didn't help. I even did a factory reset and still had the same problem. I took it to the store a few weeks ago, and of course there was nothing wrong with my phone when I tried to show the guy. He told me that if I keep having the problem to call customer service and get a replacement device since it's still under warranty.

Rawchell

0 Likes
Not applicable

Brettmc79,

Good morning! I'm sorry to learn about the frustrating screen issues you are encountering. I would be happy to assist with further options. You've done a great deal of troubleshooting already and I would like to look into the possibility of this being hardware related. Please send me a direct message for further assistant.

Thank you,

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Brettmc79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to send you a direct message but it won't let me.

0 Likes
TexasBoy34
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, looks like I'm not the only one having these problems! We spend alot of money every month, and expect phenomenal service. I guess you don't always get what you pay for. How disappointing. Thanks Verizon!!! I've been a dedicated customer for over 8 years, and have to say I'm EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!! I regret upgrading!!! You should be ashamed of what you are trying to promote!

Brettmc79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wall of text inc.

I finally said screw it over the weekend and went into the verizon store near me.  The guy I talked to in the store wasn't really helpful at all.  He played around with the phone but it wasn't messing up to much except with scrolling from screen to screen at the time and he said he didn't really see a prob with it and if I started having probs with it later to call into customer service.  Of course as soon as I leave the store and go across the street to another store and actually try and use my phone I can't even change screens or hit any buttons so me and the wife keep the phone from locking screen and take it over there and he had the "Oh lord help me these people are back" look.  I showed him exactly what it was doing and he just said ok and got me on the phone with customer service without even talking to them and then went over to his hang out spot with his friends again to do whatever they were doing while I talked to cs to get my phone replaced.  I was then promptly informed by the cs rep that if they got the phone in and it wasn't really having any probs even though I told her it was sparodic and that the person at the store had even seen it and was having probs getting it to work again that I would be charged $100 to replace the phone.  To say that I wasn't really happy with my visit to the store that day is an understatement to say the least and I'm going to take a video with my wifes phone of the probs that its having and then put it on the phone with a letter in the box saying what is going on and that there is a video on the phone if they can actually get to it.  Not real happy with the service in the store at all since it seemed since I wasn't getting a new phone and I was having a prob then he shouldn't have to deal with me at all and he was more interested in talking to his pals. 

0 Likes
Taylahh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing is happening with me, plus when I go to text one key, it hits another and makes it impossible for me to send anything. And of course I try to contact Verizon just now and the website for their contact info is down. How convenient.

dawnblazier
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issues.  Both the screen locking and having to turn the screen off and on as well as the keyboard not identifying some letters.  There are specific letters it will not recognize vertical, but if I turn horizontal it will.  Same with the reverse.  Of course, if there is no option to see the keyboard horizontal I'm out of luck and cannot get the correct letter at all.

I'd appreciate someone figuring the hardware and/or software problem because I have no warranty left (dropped mine a couple of times before I finally got an otterbox).  I need to be able to get my phone to work - I cannot enter some contacts because I cannot get the keyboard to recognize "W"!

Ugh!!!!   .....and it seems to be getting worse by the day.

LynnRod60
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same problem with my phone and I have not used my warranty once yet but with all the people havin the same problem with these phones why is there not a recall to fix them or @ least give us an early upgrade....I do no wanna use my warranty for another crappy phone.......come on verizon help out your customers .....plz.....:(

0 Likes
IvyX

This is a problem you will have with any touch screen phone after a while. Did you put a screen protector on it when you first bought it? If you did, just replace the protector. All the scratches and such that accumulate on it create 'dead' spots when you try to use the screen. If you replace the protector, it should respond normally again. If not, all those scratches are permanently on your screen and there's not much you can do....

0 Likes