Problem with simcard and Unable to update
papaluciano

Hi Everyone,

I got the Droid 3 on my Verizon contract and now I am working abroad in Luxembourg. Verizon unlocked the phone and I took it with to Germany. Everything worked fine there and then I arived in Luxembourg, signed a contract put the simcard in and the phone cannot recognize the simcard!

The nice people at Orange informed me that I probably need to update the phone in order for it to work. They cannot update it as they don't support the phone.

I know the update (5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US) is available but everytime I try to update the phone i receive a message that "check for update is not available at this time"

How can I get the update or do you have an idea on how to get the simcard recognized?

Because it will be at least a couple of months before I can return to the US 😞

Thanks in advance!

Papa

0 Likes
Re: Problem with simcard and Unable to update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi papaluciano!

You're working in Luxembourg, but your SIM card is not allowing your phone to work! This must be irritating for you. Because you got your SIM card from Orange, please discuss the issue with them for a resolution. When buying a SIM card internationally, you are using the service of the other carrier. In addition, this is not something that would need an update. Please let me know how this works out for you. Thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes