Problem After Problem
xxlaviebohemex
I bought this phone a couple of months ago and it worked fine at first but it is steadily going downhill. It is always freezing, restarting or shutting itself off compeltely, gets not warm but HOT to the touch, only charges about half of the time, alarm barely works, get voicemails for calls I never received, have problems answering calls and making them. I just hate this phone! My $30 prepaid phone worked better.

How did any of you handle these problems? Is there something Verizon can do other than give me a replacement Droid? I'm new to this whole phone plan business.
0 Likes
Re: Problem After Problem
Wildman
Legend

If you have insurance and have tried isolating out any possible nature of issue, you should be able to contact CS and see what they can do for you..

0 Likes
Re: Problem After Problem
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

xxlaviebohemex, I understand the frustration your experiencing with your device.  I researched your issues and was able to find that the freezing issue has been lifted up to our product managers and is being looked into. I see you posted on August 29, 2011 and we just issued a Software update on this day. I listed a link below to review additional information about the enhancements and steps to download. 

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/droid_2.html

If you continue to have issues, you can try a factory reset.  Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. 

1. From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display).
  2. Touch Settings.
  3. Touch Privacy.
  4. Touch Factory Data Reset.
  5. Touch Reset Phone.Note If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.
  6. Touch Erase Everything.

0 Likes