Power button broken...any alternative?
awh13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently my Charge's power button decided to stop working and I had to download an app to convert the volume button into the power button however I've encountered another problem... My phone died. So I was wondering if anyone knew any way to power on the phone without the power button and if they had any better alternative then the volume button replacement? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Power button broken...any alternative?
B33
Legend

That would be kind of tough as there isn't any way feasible that would keep from in-dangering the Warranty)  I would think the best thing you could is see if it could be re-placed because it's a mechanical issue that you can't fix and you need it to Function to use the Device to Make Calls and Such..  I would go by your Local Verizon Comm Store and see if they can Replace it..  Good Luck b33

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks B33, for your contribution!

Hello awh13,
Let's make sure you have a fully functional device! I do need additional information to better assist. Has your phone suffered any physical, water or moisture damage? How long have you had your device? Keep in mind if the phone is still under warranty and doesn't have accidental damage we're able to replace it under warranty. I look forward to your reply.

DaisyP_VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome:.. b

awh13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had my phone for about 6 months and I have made sure to be very careful with it. It hasn't suffered any physical damage, however, I was out in the rain once with it in my pocket and I believe the moisture sticker changed color on the battery... That happened a long time ago and I never noticed any damage come from that incident. Would that void my warranty?

0 Likes