Phone will not turn on. The orange light is blinking when I charge it, but the phone will not turn on
jladisky

My phone has the orange light blinking when its on the charger, but it still will not turn on. I have taking out the battery and switched it with another, still no response. I tried a different charger, no luck. Can anyone help me get this fixed.

0 Likes
Re: Phone will not turn on. The orange light is blinking when I charge it, but the phone will not turn on
ps_pro79
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same problem for the past two weeks. Ive tried different chargers, I even purchased a new battery. The issue I have come to find out is in the charging port. Apparently it is a defect that many people have reported. I have called verizon but they will not help. I am just out of my warranty period and they will not allow me to upgrade a few months early.  They tried to get me to purchase a certified preowned phone from them for over $300.  No helpful customer service what so ever.  My question is why wont verizon do something about this known issue affecting a large portion of their customers?! !

Re: Phone will not turn on. The orange light is blinking when I charge it, but the phone will not turn on
DroidUser21

I have the SAME problem.  It is so frustrating.  The phone will not charge.  I bought a new battery (at a cost of $50), a new USB cord and nothing.  I am also out of my warranty period.  Verizon and HTC should step up and replace these obviously defective phones.  This is my 3rd Droid X2 since January of 2012.  What a piece of crap phone.  I really liked the features, but the defects are not worth owning the phone. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DroidUser21 wrote:

I have the SAME problem.  It is so frustrating.  The phone will not charge.  I bought a new battery (at a cost of $50), a new USB cord and nothing.  I am also out of my warranty period.  Verizon and HTC should step up and replace these obviously defective phones.  This is my 3rd Droid X2 since January of 2012.  What a piece of crap phone.  I really liked the features, but the defects are not worth owning the phone. 

Huh?  The DROID X2 was made by Motorola and you responded to a discussion in the DROID Incredible 2 space.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
D_Stewart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just had this problem. i used a different charger and such and even took it up to verizon to see if they can do anything about it. They couldn't do anything about it. I just let the light blink till it stops then unplug and plug it back in. Soon the orange light stayed on and it started charger. But to be truth full the model phone is almost three years old so it's no longer going to work proper.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

This sounds like a fully dead battery.  If the battery dies all the way, it may not have enough juice to turn the phone back on and, I'm pretty sure, the charger kicks off for a bit during boot up.  So, the orange light blinks to let you know that the phone is charging, but not ready to turn on yet. 

0 Likes