Opening Word / Excel documents
Winn

I have read that the Droid comes with a Word / Excel viewer, but I am having problems opening them through my Exchange email account.  I have SSL turned of, and saw that that setting may cause problems.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Matt

Ok, so after some testing, it appears that the problem has to do with Exchange.  I am able to open and view documents easily when they are sent to my gmail account, but not via Exchnage.

0 Likes
Re: Opening Word / Excel documents
Scooby3120

I am having the same issue as well! If I get a word doc attached to an email on my exchange it shows up with a little Droid guy on the bottom with a paperclip and it shows the file name. When I click on it, it just says "fetching document" and then it never opens and times out. So I never get a chance to use and app to look at it.

I then tested it on my gmail account. It shows the attachment as well but not with the little droid guy. It shows the attachement and then has a preview tab. When I click on that it lets me pick app to preview it with. So all is good on the gmail side.

Not sure what the issue is. I checked with the IT guys at my word and their phone can open word docs with Exchange and they have IPhone, a Palm, and a Windows phone. So hopefully it is just a fix or something.

I have to be able to read word docs and do not want to really forward everything to my gmail acct all the time!

Hopefully there is a fix for it.

0 Likes
Re: Opening Word / Excel documents
Winn

I found this link on one of the other posts.  It appears that it is an SSL issue, and there are multiple people experiencing the same issue.  There is a possible work around / fix towards the bottom, but it didnt work for me.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/61968

0 Likes