OTA Update Unavailable
LOUcifer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why won't ANYONE give me a **bleep** straight answer???????????????????????????/

I am unable to update my Bionic AT ALL...I never received an OTA update on my Bionic and when I try to update manually my phone says "CHECK FOR UPDATE IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME...TRY AGAIN LATER"

AND has said this since the national 4G outage a week or so ago.

The Verizon Wireless store tells me "just wait for the OTA update" and Customer Care says I should already have the update NOT listening to me when I tell them I DONT HAVE THE UPDATE BECAUSE IT WONT LET ME UPDATE!!!.

GOD I HATE **bleep** THAT DON"T LISTEN

So tell me VZW_Employee's...What say YOU???

0 Likes
Re: OTA Update Unavailable
LOUcifer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess I should add that my phone is STILL on 5.5.886

0 Likes
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't have an OTA yet either. I called Verizon for help, the tech had no idea, he said he would call me back. He never called back. So, I called again, this tech said that it was not Verizon, but rather Motorola that I should call, since all software updates came from them. She gave me Moto's number so I called them. Motorola said it is not them, but rather Google who is pushing the OTA. He said the OTA is only one week old, and they expect it to take two weeks to push to everyone. He said I should wait one week more. Thank god, at this rate, my year of ownership of this horrible phone will be over and I can buy an iPhone.

Joey

0 Likes
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am replying to my own post..not good.

I posted this at Google help today.

I have had the lousy Bionic phone since it came out. The phone has a gaping problem, it can't connect to data. There is supposed to be an OTA this week, but I have not received it. Verizon tech says the problem belongs to Motorola, but Motorola says the problem is Google. I have talked to both Verizon and Motorola on the phone, but now I discover, there is no way to talk to Google. It seems we have the Microsoft problem all over again. Google has become so big, they get blamed for everything, but there is no way to get in touch with them. Even though their customers are screaming for help, their press, advertisement, and hype still presents them as this wonderful company. Bah! 

Joey

0 Likes
LOUcifer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Joe,

I actually found a Tier 2 technician that actually knew what I was telling him.

Has Verizon swapped out your SIM card for ANY reason?

My issue was an unrecognized SIM.

He did something in the computer...master reset the phone and the SIM was recognized and the update was pushed through.

0 Likes
Doc832
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well here is a few suggestions. One is that if you do not have a solid connection it won't upgrade. Next is that it does not like Wi Fi for upgrading and will usually just sit and spin. Many people that rooted their phones can't get the upgrade either since the coding is gone for verification. So there is a host of reasons. You can Manually upgrade from MOTO site if you go to their forum.

Matt is the operator there and can assist, he has worked tirelessly on this and was able to help most people with simple suggestions.

Hope you get some help, BTW the up grade was not great, the camera no longer focuses on  our phones.

0 Likes
tamcon

No update here. Can't get it manually either.

Verizon had said it will take three weeks to get to everyone. Therefore wait for two more weeks.

0 Likes
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

tamcon wrote:

Verizon had said it will take three weeks to get to everyone. Therefore wait for two more weeks.

Verizon and Motorola told me 2 weeks. However, I am reading on various boards that if you go up to a high enough tier in Motorola tech, they can get the update for you. Thier website says you can reset your phone to factory settings to get tue update. In fact, that is what they recommend if you can't get it manually. However, they do not say what to do if that does not work. I think everyone at Verizon and Motorola are shooting in the dark on this cause I hear lots of different answers coming from different people.

J

0 Likes
LOUcifer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Joey301 wrote:

tamcon wrote:

Verizon and Motorola told me 2 weeks. However, I am reading on various boards that if you go up to a high enough tier in Motorola tech, they can get the update for you. Thier website says you can reset your phone to factory settings to get tue update. In fact, that is what they recommend if you can't get it manually. However, they do not say what to do if that does not work. I think everyone at Verizon and Motorola are shooting in the dark on this cause I hear lots of different answers coming from different people.

J

They >>ALL<< told me the same thing!!!

A master reset surprisingly DID work for me.

Verizon swapped out my SIM card...tech support tried and tried but couldn't get my phone to even check for updates.

BEFORE reset - "Check for update is unavailable at this time...try again later" is what I was getting

AFTER reset - Update 5.5.893 Found

It doesn't hurt to try

-Lou

0 Likes
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

AFTER reset - Update 5.5.893 Found

It doesn't hurt to try

-Lou

I hate resetting my phone. I take so much time getting it the way I want it to be. After all, though to quote a user here...its just a cell phone. Time is nothing.
joey

0 Likes