Not receiving Text Messages.
JakeRado55
I am currently not receiving any text messages or at the very least receive very few of them. Is there an update I am not downloading or anything I should be doing? This is serious as I have tried having people text me and the messages will not come through, even though they can receive my text messages. Please any suggestions you have or any problems you have had, please let me know. Thank you!

-Jake
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving Text Messages.
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

Try this!

Power your phone off. This is typically done by holding down the red End button.
Once you have confirmed that the phone is off, power the device back on.

0 Likes
msrkfixit

I'm having the same issue, but with only one of my contacts, to my knowledge...  I've shut down my phone and back on numerous times, pulled the battery and tried to power up again, no change.    Is yours with one of your contacts or most of them? 

0 Likes
Moonspeak

Strangely enough I am having the same issue with not getting texts or calls from one person. I thought the person was messing with me at first because I am receiving other texts and calls from my other contacts fine. Its just one person as far as I can tell. Does anyone have any input?

0 Likes
msrkfixit

The issue for me ended up being in my friend's contact list.  I'm apparently corrupt in his Android phone contacts.  He's deleted my contact info altogether, re-entered me and the area code is not right after about an hour.

He's investigating further, but it will only work for about an hour after he changes it back to the right area code and will revert again.  He's changed it through the gmail site also with no success keeping the data valid.

no clue.

0 Likes