Not feeling lucky!! System UIDs Inconsistent...... What?
DawnMarie1

I have been using a Droid Incredible by HTC for about a year and a half now. I realized it had froze up when I went to use it this morning. I pulled battery out, turned back on and this is what I got

"System UIDs Inconsistent UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable"

Then option to click I'm feeling lucky

I clicked it.

Lost everything, right back the way it was the the day I pulled it out of the box. Except I can't even get Internet connection now. Removed battery and rebooted, same message again. Had to do updates or re download  just about every app ( thank God I still have unlimited data) but most of them still don't work. Immediately after starting app I get   " Sorry! The application has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again   Force Close"

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Not feeling lucky!! System UIDs Inconsistent...... What?
DawnMarie1

more info on the above

Okay, so I spoke with Verizon technical support today  the lady I spoke with believes that it has something to do with my Google account because of the I'm feeling Lucky button. So I did what she suggested, which was to open a new Google account. I really didn't want to since I use Gmail for my business. It didn't work. She had no other suggestions. So I got replacement phone coming to me in the mail. 

0 Likes
Re: Not feeling lucky!! System UIDs Inconsistent...... What?
Davesene

I had the very same situation, same error messages, "feeling lucky" button, etc.   At the suggestion of the Verizon technical representative I spoke with on the phone, I downloaded my pictures from my phone storage, and I removed my SD card for good measure.  I had already backed up my contacts on the Verizon backup assistant.  Then, I actually did wipe my data clean (reset to factory default).  It was scary, but it worked.  My phone returned to the out-of-box status.  The technician downloaded my contacts back to my phone. I reinstalled my SD card.   Since then, I have been carefully selecting apps to reload.  I am afraid to load it with apps from unknown sources, since I suspect the problem may have originated there.  Apps that I had already paid for were marked "purchased," so I did not have to pay again.  I only had to re-install and set-up.

My only problem now is figuring out how to sync my calendar with Outlook.  I am pleased with my outcome, so I recommend the same to you.  The Verizon technical assistant was really helpful.

0 Likes