No voice dialing on Droid
FredCDobbs

Apparently for whatever reason bluetooth voice dialing has been disabled on the Droid. I will be returning mine tomorrow.  What where they thinking?

0 Likes
Re: No voice dialing on Droid
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1

I warned my local Verizon store about the lack of BT VD and they were totally in the dark about it until I mentioned it.  The salesman ran back to the back room to try the one droid they had prior to release and sure enough he came back and confirmed it didn't work.   I told them they need to be upfront about this issue with their customers because many people that live in states with hands-free driving laws are gonna be p'oed about the Android phones all lacking that basic feature.    I would have been very interested in a droid, save for the BT issue.

0 Likes
john5152
Enthusiast - Level 3

for me,,,,,, if there is no voice dialing with hands free bluetooth earpiece then i dont have any use for this phone. Oh major foul,,depression sets in.  i think that if tech support is aware of this problem couldnt they correct this with an os update? its a software issue isnt it?

0 Likes
EricSeipel

Correct me if i'm wrong.  The issue is; one cant hit the button on a head set, they can only hit the voice search on the droid car mode?  Granted, you have to look for a split second at the droid to hit the voice search while its in its car dock, but personally i look in my rearview mirror longer than that takes.

Clarification?

0 Likes
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1

one of the forums I was on last week had a HUGE thread on android and much of it was devoted to the issue of bluetooth. 

the thread is over 300 pages long...   http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1580661&page=304&pp=15

0 Likes
dcburr

Agree this is insane. Moto has had superior voice dial on each phone; My old E815 has it. Additionally, besides the fact that it doe not work with BT, it even suck from the hadset.

What was MOTO thinking!!!

Just INSANE !!!

0 Likes
fang

Ok, just got off the phone with VZW Tech Support and they are extending my return guarantee to 12/31 as he found a bulletin that supposedly lists "Bluetooth voice recognition" as part of an "over the air" update for 12/11. Maybe I don't have to return my DROID because it is illegal and dangerous to use in my truck. I had to speak to 3 VZW reps before I got the one who would extend my "30 day guarantee" until 12/31 so we could see if the update fixes this SEVERE PROBLEM. I tried to get a copy of the proposed 12/11 update to no avail. Maybe someone else can get it so we can see what to expect. I like my DROID otherwise, but it is my opinion that there is NO EXCUSE to not have BLUETOOTH VOICE DIALING.

0 Likes
Backnblack
0 Likes
FredCDobbs

Apparently no fix in the Droid update for this major design flaw. verizon continues to sell a phone that is illegal to use while driving in many parts of the country . What is the motivation for this?

http://learning.verizonwireless.com/learning/Droid_Motorola_Software_Update.pdf

0 Likes