No Global Service on HTC Droid Incredible 2!
jakepackpack

I have just arrived in Spain and I have no service.  I bought a data plan, and in two separate conversations, customer reps ensured me that no other steps were needed to activate my data and to use my phone internationally.  I need to remedy this situation immediately.  How do I remedy this situation.  DO NOT respond by telling me to call customer service; I am unable to make any calls.

0 Likes
Re: No Global Service on HTC Droid Incredible 2!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you activate the global capabilities of the Dinc2 before you left for your trip?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jakepackpack

YES. I spoke on several occasions to Global Support reps. I purchased an

international data plan and twice asked specifically if there were any

additional steps that I needed to take to ready my phone for international

use both for data and for voice/text. On both occasions I was told that my

international plan was enabled and would be available beginning yesterday,

Friday, March 23. This is a huge problem for me and I need to remedy the

situation immediately. Thank you for a prompt response.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you spoke to Global services, did any of them say to dial *228, option 1 and repeat it and select option 2? This will reprogram your phone to the Verizon Wireless network and update your phone to the latest feature and settings. Option 2 updates your roaming capabilities.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jakepackpack

No. I asked about that, because I'd had previous experience with a

Blackberry device that required it. They said I didn't need to do it. Is

that the problem? If so, is there any way to address it from abroad?

Thanks for being so helpful.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There might be a way to manually do it, but you might need to call global services from another phone to walk you through it. Global support can be reached at 908-559-4899.

This is a customer peer to peer forum. While there are a few users that might have the experience to assist you, we don't have access to your account information.

do you have any thoughts to add with your programming knowledge?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry, yes the reprogramming was still needed with the Dinc2 just like your Blackberry.

0 Likes
jakepackpack

Oy.  Okay.  So really a customer service issue.  I also understand that I can't just buy a prepaid euro sim card and pop it in?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only if you unlocked the SIM card for international travel. That is also a customer service issue.

0 Likes
JonDoh
Contributor - Level 1

You have to have the phone activated for international service by Verizon and get a sim card from them.  Then, from what I understand once it's activated when you are overseas you can purchase a local sim card and use it. 

0 Likes