Re: No 3G or 1X...nothing
keiffers
Contributor - Level 1

DionM_VZW wrote:

Boy, I'm sorry to hear that! You know, I can't really recommend another reset, keiffers. I'm not convinced that that such an action will resolve what you're seeing on your signal indicator. True, the reset allows the device to reset network connection. But if you've done it already, then you may be tasking yourself unnecessarily. I have other questions, though. Disregarding the signal indicator, how is the ACTUAL service? In other words, if you ignored the indicator and just made a phone call or used data, how is the quality of the call? How reliable is your data connection?

Maybe it will, maybe it won't....we'll see. i just did it and atleast if it doesn't work and I keep having the problems, I can say to your support people that I already did it when they say 'I want you to do a factory reset'. Baving just now did a factory reset, it immediately went to 1X and it won't talk to the Android Market, so....

Quality of the call is average at best. I do drop calls occasionaly but compared to AT&T (as it is the only one I can truly compare to as I went to them from Verizon in 09 to get an iPhone and then came back in '10 to get the Droid X) I really find no difference whatsoever. Data use goes up and down as far as quality....it's probably a little better than call quality, but generally speaking they are about the same. I don't know if the towers where I am are just crap or what, but considering that VZWs coverage map shows me in solid red for 3G, it just blows my mind that I get crappy service within sight of 3-4 different cell towers

0 Likes
keiffers
Contributor - Level 1

droidsw wrote:
keiffers, without putting words in anyone's mouth, I think the signal indicator bars are meaningless. This was discussed on threads in Moto forum shortly after the X came out. 4 bars, 3 bars, etc., don't necessarily correlate to the real signal strength.

I will see if I can find a thread and link to substantiate that. It was a long time ago.

I just find it funny that they would not correlate to real signal strength. Seems if thats the case, then whats the point of them even being on the phone. Oh well

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

jmccoy70 wrote:

Experienced the same thing here.  No Signal. No Phone calls in or out.  Not Internet access. Both Droids.

Must have been a Tower outage.   Had signal and intenet over in the Mall.

Please let us know if you're still having issues with no signal on your Droid devices. You can send us a private message and we'll be more then happy to assist you.

Thanks

0 Likes
xjerrickdamonx

Dude... same issues here. I have done it all... the factory reset, installing no apps on the phone, everything! I will have full signal, 3G, and use the phone and I will lose all connection. It cycles like crazy and I am sure that it is draining the juice right out of my battery, along with my notification light always staying on. I power down/up my device about 3 times a day. On top of that, the **bleep** thing keeps heating up. 120-130 degrees. This is crap. Still waiting on VZW on Twitter to get back to me.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

DroidSw:  is right Guys on the X as long as it has the 3G significaton present the bars can be 1 to 4 or 0 an you can still use the X. a T3 Teck also told me this shortly after i recieved my X last year an was learning the new things on it. An i've seen this as well when i'm using my Wi-Fi. as of right now i've got one bar but my wi-fi is working great an i've been streaming Winamp for 12 hours stright. No hiccups.

My old X might be a year old, but she's as good as Gold!  :smileyhappy:  B33

0 Likes
Mokelly

Same issues here.  Had a Droid X...worked flawless.  Got an X2, intermittent 3G, no matter where I am.  My old DX never had a problem maintaining a consistent 3G, but this X2 can't do it.

I don't understand it and clearly VW doesn't either.  This thread has been going on for months here and other places.  Being told by VW to Airplane Mode my phone is not an acceptable answer, akin to being told to hit it a few times on the desk.

Between the random reboots and forced resets to "restart" my 3G, this is ridiculous.  And "support" has absolutely no idea how to fix it and don't respond to messages.

And yes I have the latest ROM update.

This is just ridiculous.

0 Likes
Nevadabandanna

Taking the battery out, turning on/off airplane mode, or *228 option 2 all sort of reset your phone. They basically all do the same thing. If you're still not getting anything, change the following setting:

Settings: Battery & Data Manager: Data Delivery: click on "data enabled".  Who knows why you would have ever turned this off (maybe you were out of the country and didn't want roaming charges?) but no matter how many times you reset the phone, if "data enabled" wasn't on you were going to have any data.

0 Likes