New to Droid X phone. I would like to be able to shut off voicemail when in an extended area.
akcrosby
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New to Droid X phone. I would like to be able to shut off voice mail when in an extended area.
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: New to Droid X phone. I would like to be able to shut off voicemail when in an extended area.
Wildman
Legend

Are you using the Visual Voice Mail or regular Voice Mail, I believe there is a option under Voice Mail system that allows you to disable VM notification but I am unsure because I am using VVM and I never considered to disable this option.

Try login into VM system and check the options menu and see if this is present.

UPDATE:  I checked and option is present....  Log into VM and press #4 for settings and #1 to disable notification. 

0 Likes
Re: New to Droid X phone. I would like to be able to shut off voice mail when in an extended area.
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Would this be wise to do if they only want it disabled temporarily?

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Wildman wrote:

Would this be wise to do if they only want it disabled temporarily?

Please keep in mind that our goal is to provide the best customer service, and we will be happy to enable or disable the voicemail feature for our valued customers when requested. Is important to remember that disabling the voicemail feature will delete all current messages and callers will not be able to leave a message.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

0 Likes
akcrosby

I fully understand the questions you had on the Voicemail service.  I use my phone mostly in an extended area and its easier to let the phone ring longer so I have time to get it out of my inside pocket of this winter gear I wear.  I can call or text the missed caller much easier than answering a voicemail message and then calling the person.  Verizon has helped me with this problem and we solved it by shutting off the voicemail feature.

0 Likes