NFL Mobile Live - crappy screen
Cody21
Master - Level 2

So I saw the DROID X commercials showing NFL Live ....  they show a FULL SCREEN and HD quality of image. My DROID X has nowhere near that size or quality. There are black borders that take up significant real estate on the screen and the image is definitely NOT HD quality ...

Is there a setting I'm missing? Does this require WiFi to use it properly? What is everyone else's experience if you could share.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: NFL Mobile Live - crappy screen
Arizona623
Enthusiast - Level 3
It looks alot better when you have wifi on. It does not look good on my phone either using 3G.
0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Thanks ...   too bad though - sort of takes the nice out of it using it over 3G  ....

0 Likes
TenaciousT32

Am I alone here in being **bleep** that you now have to spend an extra $10.00 a month on V Cast videos to be able to watch NFL mobile videos.

Lame! Like my bill isn't already too much as it is!

0 Likes
CaboWaboMan

If you happen to have Direct TV and the NFL package,' Sunday Ticket on the Go' is available fo 5 payments of $9.99...thats every game in HD including RZ.

That is an option as opposed to the VCast thing.

0 Likes
donaldfagen

"Am I alone here in being **bleep** that you now have to spend an extra $10.00 a month on V Cast videos to be able to watch NFL mobile videos."

Have you read the latest reviews for the app in the Market?  Looks like nearly everyone is disgusted with NFL/Verizon's greedy "upgrade" and will be uninstalling "NFL Mobile Live" promptly.  They took a great free (I mean REALLY free) app and with a little bait-and-switch trickery made 99% of its usefulness contingent upon a second $10/month SUBSCRIPTION app.  NO THANK YOU!!!

FAIL!

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Yea, I'm with you guys ...  this was a bait & switch. When I got my DROID X last week, I downloaded the FREE NFL LIVE app and even though the picture was choppy, it was a START ...and I thought .. COOL ... then YESTERDAY, I decided to try it again ... low and behold, a POP-UP came up telling me that I needed to SUBSCRIBE to VCAST for $9.99 per month !!! 

GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK !!   Verizon just continues their nickle & diming ...  it's not enough that I now have to pay more per month for the Smartphone package required for all smartphones ...  but now THIS !

disgusting.

0 Likes
TenaciousT32

I'm already an NFL Sunday Ticket suscriber & have the "on the go"....so, I'm pretty much covered.

What **bleep** me off is that they always have to make things cost extra. I mean, what the hell. Isn't my $30.00 a month payment for the unlimited data plan enough? Sheesh! Not to mention that the NFL Mobile app started out completely awesome...& free!

But they just had to squeeze another 10 bucks out of customers who are already paying enough as it is.

Way to go Verizon / NFL....nice job on screwing up something that was working prefectly. Lame!

0 Likes
richgag21

Hey did you upgrade your phone after 8/31?  If so, it was FREE before 8/31 and pay after.  I went from a Storm which I saw videos and games for FREE and activated my new Droid X, due to back order, after 8/31 and now Verizon wants me to pay.  RIP-OFF!!! 

0 Likes
JRobzilla

Hey, you've got to pay for those CEO bonuses / vacations...err...I mean great coverage somehow.

0 Likes