Re: My Incredible keeps rebooting in a loop!!!
bcool
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem.

Ed, I wish your solution/advice was applicable but because it's looping, it doesn't repsond to powering off.

So, I tried holding the volume down, menu, and optical button at the same time and nothing happened.

Suggestion?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello bcool:

I'm sure the looping issue is very frustrating.  I would like to add to Ed's suggestion.  In order to enable Safe Mode on an Android device, the phone has to be powered off, so I would suggest removing the battery and reinsert, just do not power the device back on.  Then once the device is totally off, press and hold down the Power button only until the second HTC logo appears, then release.  Then hold all 3 buttons , Volume - Down, Menu and Optical joystick, all at same time while the device powers up until you see the words "Safe Mode" in bottom left corner of the screen.

These steps should work for you.  I've included this link for steps with screen shots.

0 Likes
iamshafe

I had the same problems with a replacement phone. 

Was working fine as i was adding apps to it. setting up a social media app and began rebooting in a loop. 

I ended up doing a factory reset but still rebooted in loop. 

rebooted in safe mode and activated phone and is working fine now... 

0 Likes
iamshafe

since when can you not contact Verizon Wireless tech support after hours? 

Very frustrating trying to get my phone working on my own before i have to go into work in the morning. 

Can you hear me now? NO!

0 Likes
gatox

My wife's had the same exact issue. We took it to Verizon and got a replacement. End of story.

0 Likes
PPunzel
this is not working for me
0 Likes
V2Blast

Yeah, I'm unable to put it in Safe Mode. I feel like the lack of a physical "menu" button (that I can tell if I've pressed) has to do with it.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

V2Blast wrote:

Yeah, I'm unable to put it in Safe Mode. I feel like the lack of a physical "menu" button (that I can tell if I've pressed) has to do with it.

V2Blast,

I'm sure it's frustrating not being able to get your phone to respond the way it should!  I'll be more than happy to do additional troubleshooting so I can get this resolved for you as soon as possible.  I'll private message you, and you can reply with the account information I'm requesting so I can further assist.

Thanks again for your patience & your business!

Not applicable

@PPunzel

Thanks for all the replies.

If that is not working for you – try a master reset.  Click here for instructions.  Thank you.

0 Likes
SergeantEvil

why is this marked solved, I don't see a soloution?

I've been fighting the same issues for a month now.

Seems when ever I do something like watch a vid or play a game, it will start the reboot loop

0 Likes