Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.
cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:

My Incredible keeps rebooting in a loop!!!

meme503
Miembro

My Incredible keeps rebooting in a constant loop! The only way to get it to stop is taking the battery out. Can anyone help??

It starts out in the htc  incredible tm, then htc quietly brilliant, then the driod, the eye aka camera and reloops all over again. Please help!!!!

Pestañas (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: My Incredible keeps rebooting in a loop!!!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello bcool:

 

I'm sure the looping issue is very frustrating.  I would like to add to Ed's suggestion.  In order to enable Safe Mode on an Android device, the phone has to be powered off, so I would suggest removing the battery and reinsert, just do not power the device back on.  Then once the device is totally off, press and hold down the Power button only until the second HTC logo appears, then release.  Then hold all 3 buttons , Volume - Down, Menu and Optical joystick, all at same time while the device powers up until you see the words "Safe Mode" in bottom left corner of the screen.

 

These steps should work for you.  I've included this link for steps with screen shots.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: My Incredible keeps rebooting in a loop!!!

dabubbakin
Novice
Pull the battery for 10 min and try again.
0 Likes

Re: My Incredible keeps rebooting in a loop!!!

izgil
Miembro

Maybe it's not so relevant but I've had the exact same issue with one of the old VZ phones in 2006. When it was turning on it never got home screen. Instead, it kept on rebooting. Had to get a new phone.

0 Likes

Re: My Incredible keeps rebooting in a loop!!!

TLBauer3617
Novice

 


meme503 wrote:

My Incredible keeps rebooting in a constant loop! The only way to get it to stop is taking the battery out. Can anyone help??

It starts out in the htc  incredible tm, then htc quietly brilliant, then the driod, the eye aka camera and reloops all over again. Please help!!!!


 

My wife's phone had the same issue when the 2.2 OTA installed itself on the phone.  The phone just continued to reboot over and over.  We took the battery out over night, and I was able to get back into the phone, but we never could get it to connect to the internet, and we could put nothing on the home screen.

 

Took it in to a VZW store and they ordered a replacement phone.

0 Likes

Re: My Incredible keeps rebooting in a loop!!!

budone
Líder Sénior

 


TLBauer3617 wrote:

 


meme503 wrote:

My Incredible keeps rebooting in a constant loop! The only way to get it to stop is taking the battery out. Can anyone help??

It starts out in the htc  incredible tm, then htc quietly brilliant, then the driod, the eye aka camera and reloops all over again. Please help!!!!


 

My wife's phone had the same issue when the 2.2 OTA installed itself on the phone.  The phone just continued to reboot over and over.  We took the battery out over night, and I was able to get back into the phone, but we never could get it to connect to the internet, and we could put nothing on the home screen.

 

Took it in to a VZW store and they ordered a replacement phone.


Sounds like you had the same issue I did after I did a master reset, I could not get OTA activation to populate the internal settings correctly. It took me three days and some help from Azsaluki to manually enter the correct in to get the device back up and running. The store was useless.

 

0 Likes

Re: My Incredible keeps rebooting in a loop!!!

bmxmom1999
Miembro

I had an accident with my Incredible last night.  Left it sitting in rice overnight and it worked fine this morning.  Then the battery wouldnt hold a charge.  Went to the Verizon store, bout the "Expensive" Battery (The only one in stock- lol) put it in my phone and it worked beautifully.  Within 2 hours the phone started rebooting itself and is now in this continuous loop.  The phone is not hot or warm to the touch nor is the brand new battery.  I tried taking it out for 10 minutes and it still reboots.  I had never had any problems with my Incredible before this incident.  Help!

0 Likes

Re: My Incredible keeps rebooting in a loop!!!

stormchaser09
Miembro

sometime's the truth hurt's, it's dead

0 Likes

Re: My Incredible keeps rebooting in a loop!!!

budone
Líder Sénior

 


bmxmom1999 wrote:

I had an accident with my Incredible last night.  Left it sitting in rice overnight and it worked fine this morning.  Then the battery wouldnt hold a charge.  Went to the Verizon store, bout the "Expensive" Battery (The only one in stock- lol) put it in my phone and it worked beautifully.  Within 2 hours the phone started rebooting itself and is now in this continuous loop.  The phone is not hot or warm to the touch nor is the brand new battery.  I tried taking it out for 10 minutes and it still reboots.  I had never had any problems with my Incredible before this incident.  Help!


 

You may have a corrupted app or an app conflict.

 

If you go into safe mode and the issue disappears it is an app issue and you may be able to fix by deleting the most recent add ons.

 

If in safe mode you still have reboots, you will have to do a Master/factory reset.

0 Likes

Re: My Incredible keeps rebooting in a loop!!!

htcincres
Miembro

what do you mean by safe mode? how to get in to the safe mode. please let me know.

0 Likes

Re: My Incredible keeps rebooting in a loop!!!

EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for feedback. Here are the steps for booting your Droid Incredible into safe mode:

 

1. Power the Droid Incredible off.

2. Press the Power button to turn it back on.

3. At the second HTC Logo screen, press and hold the Volume Down, Menu and the Optical pad at the same time.

Start the Droid Incredible in Safe Mode. This will load the original settings and software for troubleshooting purposes.

4. Keep holding all 3 buttons until the device fully boots and you see Safe Mode in the lower-left part of the screen.

0 Likes