Motorola's Droid 2.1 info page removed
logicman
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
Re: Motorola's Droid 2.1 info page removed
axel_2078
Contributor - Level 2

Yep, looks like Motorola is back peddling on the whole thing.  Not sure what happened.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Hmm the update is still rolling out this week.  No word on whether it is gradual or just flipping the switch on everyone yet but I imagine it will start this week and at this point finish up either Sunday or sometime next week.  Lots of Droids out there these days.  the information they posted that they removed was a limited feature list and a what you are supposed to do when you get the notification.  Mostly just a what to expect when the notification hits you.  I believe this was an automatic deal and someone set the clock wrong.  Though, it caused a lot of confusion.  A lot of people misunderstood some posts where matt the customer service guy that runs the Droid forum removed his original post with the same information and they all thought he meant the date was premature.  The reality of the whole thing is the comments people are going by were oops I wasn't supposed to post that till release date not oops I wish we hadn't said it would be this week. 

0 Likes
zombiexl

I think it's much more likely that Motorola released the update to Verizon and Verizon verified it. Then Verizon decided not to cannibalize their upcoming android releases and is holding back the update until they get all the ship jumpers to pay full price for a newer phone (Nexus One for example).

0 Likes