Motorola Droid Text/Data Problem
Celdtun

I recently purchased two Motorola Droids; one for myself, the other for my wife.  Her phone seems to be working without issues, but mine continues to have intermittent connection problems.  Over the course of two weeks, I have had several dropped calls, several times I cannot place a call, several times I couldn't send/receive texts and often unable to download any data without being wirelessly connected.  My wife's does all this without any interruptions, even if she is sitting right next to me.  Doing a search on Google didn't turn up anything useful and I really don't want to be forced into returning the phone.

Does anyone here have any suggestions on things I could try?  I've already updated the phone with *228 and removed any applications that have anything to do with the connectivity or setting of the phone.  Powering off/on the phone does not allow me to reconnect to the network and the notifications ate the top sometimes show that I have signal (both data and voice) but I'll still be unable to use those features.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid Text/Data Problem
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Celdtun wrote:

I recently purchased two Motorola Droids; one for myself, the other for my wife.  Her phone seems to be working without issues, but mine continues to have intermittent connection problems.  Over the course of two weeks, I have had several dropped calls, several times I cannot place a call, several times I couldn't send/receive texts and often unable to download any data without being wirelessly connected.  My wife's does all this without any interruptions, even if she is sitting right next to me.  Doing a search on Google didn't turn up anything useful and I really don't want to be forced into returning the phone.

Does anyone here have any suggestions on things I could try?  I've already updated the phone with *228 and removed any applications that have anything to do with the connectivity or setting of the phone.  Powering off/on the phone does not allow me to reconnect to the network and the notifications ate the top sometimes show that I have signal (both data and voice) but I'll still be unable to use those features.

Thanks in advance.

i read a post about something similar to this.

are you a former alltel customer and this number is an alltel number?  if so, activate your wife's phone with your number and see if the same symptoms occur.  if they do, you need a new number.  there is something associated with that number and alltel that will cause this problem.

if not, and the phone works fine, or you were never an alltel customer, then dial ##7764726 (##program), password 000000 (6 zeros), choose 04 Vocode, select EVRC-B. by choosing this, it should improve your call quality, i know it has mine. also save the number in your contacts because not all towers are programed for EVRC-B and should you come across one that isn't then you could program it back to its original setting.  but i have had this setting for quiet a while and i have had no problems with these settings

if any of these things dont work then exchange the phone. you just happened to have purchased a bad one.

0 Likes
Celdtun

Great!!!  Thanks for the quick reply.  I just did the programming and hopefully this makes things more reliable.  I'll try this for a day or three and let you know how things are going.

0 Likes
imragtop
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am a former Altell customer and have had no problems to speak of with my Droid.

0 Likes
Celdtun

Unfortunately, I continued to have problems up until yesterday.  It got to the point that I couldn't make phone calls most of the time and data was a joke.  However, if I sat in an area long enough, I'd eventually find the towers

I ended up taking it to a local Verizon store and leaving it with the technicians.  After a lot of back and forth, I finally convinced the technician that the phone wasn't working properly and he tried making a couple calls on it; voice mail and then the store line I think.  Since neither went through, he agreed that the phone was having issues and he gave me a new one.  All and all, it was a much more arduous task than it needed to be, but hopefully my connection woes are no more.

Thanks for all the help.

0 Likes
cherylb

I have the exact same problem and lack of help from Verizon. Since my phone is 40 days old they will only give me a refurbished phone. I wanted a new phone. Great customer service.NOT!

Verizon does not think there is any problem, even though Motorola told me there is a problem. Has anyone else experienced these issues?

Thanks!

0 Likes