Motorola Droid Tether service
dav448

I am so disappointed in Verizon for continually running ads that claim the "Droid does it all".  Well, that is a bunch of crap!  An important feature that nearly every Droid user would like to have the ability is to tether their phone to their computer to connect their computer with a broadband connection.  

I do not understand why Verizon will not offer this useful tool to their customer who use the Motorola Droid, but I am very frustrated and considering other options once my contract is complete.  There is no excuse good enough to justify offering the tether service with many other devises that Verizon offers, including the Blackberry Tour, and NOT the Motorola Droid when the Droid is more advanced, and as they claim the "Droid does it all".  Isn't this faults advertising?       

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid Tether service
tim600sl
Contributor - Level 3

It can be done but it is not allowed to be discussed here because it is a violation of Terms and Conditions of this forum.

0 Likes
cessage

Use the app PDA Net.  It's free

0 Likes
v8dreaming

I think it sucks that they charge you 30 bucks for unlimited data, but you can't use it to tether and you have to pay another fee to do so.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

v8dreaming wrote:

I think it sucks that they charge you 30 bucks for unlimited data, but you can't use it to tether and you have to pay another fee to do so.

All smart phones require a $30 data plan per month.Most all cell phone carriers have the same thing.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

greatone.....yes, they all charge $30/mo....but on SOME phones (palmpre for example) the $30 INCLUDES unlimited tethering. with the incredible you have to pay a seperate fee to tether, and with some others, you can't tether at all. and on some other carriers the $30/mo includes tethering. now i get why verizon doesn't want us tethering, and why they charge an additional fee....and i don't blame them. but what i don't get is why they allow palm pre users to tether for no additional charge, but nobody else can (although i suspect it is because they were stuck with WAY too many palms so they said "let's sell the phone for $30 and give them tethering to get rid of all of these"). 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

AZSALUKI wrote:

greatone.....yes, they all charge $30/mo....but on SOME phones (palmpre for example) the $30 INCLUDES unlimited tethering. with the incredible you have to pay a seperate fee to tether, and with some others, you can't tether at all. and on some other carriers the $30/mo includes tethering. now i get why verizon doesn't want us tethering, and why they charge an additional fee....and i don't blame them. but what i don't get is why they allow palm pre users to tether for no additional charge, but nobody else can (although i suspect it is because they were stuck with WAY too many palms so they said "let's sell the phone for $30 and give them tethering to get rid of all of these"). 

You answered your question! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

lol....i often times don't bring much to the conversation....and talk in circles.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The wifi hotspot functionality on the Pre Plus is limited to 5GB just like normal mobile broadband connect add-on.

As for why they are offering it for free on the Pre Plus, Verizon expected it to do well when they released it but the device was an overall flop so now they're throwing in everything but the kitchen sink to get people to buy it.  Just look at the pricing, went from a high end device at 199.99 on release to only 49.99 in less than 5 months. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i figured they were stuck with a bunch....since i got a text with an offer for $29.99 (and this was more than a year before i was even eligible for an upgrade!!!). i almost bit......but held out to use my wife's upgrade on a droid.

0 Likes