Missing Applications
JohnnyB442

Just performed the latest Update (Gingerbread) and now numerous Apps are missing. I had purchased programs that had stored data (Acar !!) Any way to recover?   or have I just learned to backup my phone! :smileysad:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Missing Applications
jtoatoktoe
Enthusiast - Level 3
if they were on your sim card, try unmounting and removing the card and reinserting it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jtoatoktoe
Enthusiast - Level 3
if they were on your sim card, try unmounting and removing the card and reinserting it.
0 Likes
laurel25

Yeah, but unmounting and remounting the SD card will have to be done every time you reboot the phone and you most likely will also have issues if you mount the SD card as a drive on your computer as well.  Here's a link to a post about this over on AndroidForums.com that gives a much better solution.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible/409767-problem-solution-after-gb-update-missing-apps-a...

Bascially you move the contents of the .android_secure file on the SD card to the same folder on the internal hard drive and then you don't have to fiddle with unmounting and mounting the SD card or reinstalling any apps.

0 Likes
budone
Legend
Some will disappear if they are not compatible with GB
0 Likes
laurel25

That can occur in rare instances, but that's not what the cause of this issue is from.  This issue is from a known bug in the OTA update that was present back when it was leaked in May.  Developers like Cyanogenmod have fixed it in some ROMS, but obviously Verizon didn't bother to fix it in this release.  It basically causes the system to think that the internal hard drive is the SD card when moving apps to SD and moves them there.  Conversely, when looking for apps on the SD card now (after the update), it looks to the internal drive and not the SD card, which is why moving the contents of the .android_secure folder will (sort of) fix the issue so that you don't have to unmount and mount the SD card.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks Laurel for posting the link. I have reported this to our product team so that we may work on a permanent resolution for this issue. 

0 Likes
peakcomp

Any word on when we can expect an update for the poor battery life, and the lack of speech to text since the Gingerbread update?  

Or, has it been reported to HTC so they are aware they need to get an update out to those of us that don't have the battery life any more or speech to text?

K

0 Likes