Media Player And Pandora Stay Paused When Navigation Interrupts Them
joseph_morris

As of a few weeks ago, Google Navigation and Pandora (or the HTC music player)  interacted beautifully on my HTC Incredible (Verizon):   Pandora (or the HTC music player) would play music, and when Google Navigation would speak directions, Pandora/HTC Music paused while that was happening, and then resumed playing when Google Navigation was done speaking.  It was so brilliant: I could plug into my car's sound and get GPS navigated to where I was going, with Pandora music playing. 

Then, the Froyo update got pushed out onto my phone, and now, when Google Navigation speaks directions, Pandora and the HTC music player both pause and stay paused until I explicitly press the "play" button.  This can be challenging (not to mention unsafe) to do while driving.  Anybody know of a fix, or are we just waiting on the geniuses at HTC/Verizon to maybe fix this in some future update?  Super sucks to have such great functionality . . . and then have it go away.

This is Android 2.2, kernel 2.6.32.15-gb7b01d1 (htc-kernel@and18-2 #1), Pandora for Android 1.4.1.  I believe Google Navigation is part of the Google Maps app, which is version 4.4.0. 

Cheers,

Joe

0 Likes
Re: Media Player And Pandora Stay Paused When Navigation Interrupts Them
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I read an article one time that Pandora admitted they had app issues with Froyo and they also stated it would be fixed with Android 3.0
A lot of people are mad at Pandora for not trying to fix Froyo app bugs.
0 Likes