Low in-call volume
OwossoBob

HTC Incredible. one week old.

Today I noticed the call volume was way too low. I happened to be near the Verizon store so I stopped in. The advisor tested it and said it was normal for this phone. But I believe it had better volume before  and it really was too low. I worked with it a while without any improvement and finally pressed the power button and selected Restart. After restarting the volume came back up to normal.

Just posting in case it might help someone else with this problem.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Low in-call volume
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The original DROID Incredible or the DROID Incredible 4G LTE model?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
OwossoBob

It is DROID Incredible 4G LTE

0 Likes
harmerme

Honestly my in call volume just dropped quite a bit on my Incredible 4g. It was fantastic but starting about a week ago I noticed I could barely hear the calls. Bluetooth speakerphone through the car is affected as well. I now have to crank my volume way up to hear a conversation. I tried speaker phone today and that allowed me to hold it like a normal phone and hear it, but it couldn't be used as a speaker phone any more.

That said, music plays normally, both over Bluetooth and over its internal speaker.I do not use headphones so I have no data for that. This is something to do with the phone in call volume. I have in call volume all the way up too. I have looked for any other volume controls but I haven't seen any.

So this might be a issue with a recent update or it might be we both have a kind of hardware glitch. The update would make more sense if it is affecting others.

0 Likes
OwossoBob

So did you try restarting the phone? As I noted in my original post, that fixed it for me.

0 Likes
ChaplainDoug

I had the exact same symptoms on my Droid Incredible 4G LTE.  I did as the original post suggested: Press the power button and then select Restart.  the speaker phone volume came back up to where it should be.  Thank you.

0 Likes