Lost music -- first ever problem with this phone
BarryF
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had many .mp3 music files downloaded from computer to SD chip.  Have played them many times in past on the phone.  Now the only songs recognized by the phone are a few promos that came from somewhere else.  Suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lost music -- first ever problem with this phone
BarryF
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Nimiaj for those plausible steps. 

Before reading your note, what I did that probably amounts to the same thing was unmount the SD chip, pop it out, then push it in again and after that the music reappeared in the Music app.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

@BarryF,

I had a similar thing happen to me after the new software update. For me when I went in the music app (htc) it did not show me any songs, when I know that I had one lone mp3 file sitting on my internal storage. I think this problem has something to do with the new "Fast boot" feature. To solve the problem, try the following steps:

• From the home screen tap Menu->settings->Applications
  • Under Applications, uncheck the last option to disable "Fast boot"
  • Now press the power button and Power Off your phone.
  • Once it is powered off, press the power button again to turn it on again.
  • After it is on, go to the music app and see if your music has re-appeared.
  • If you still dont see your music, then connect your phone to your PC in Disk mode.
  • Copy all the music from your phone to a temporary location on your PC
  • Delete all music files from your phone, and then copy them back in the same location.

This did it for me. Hope this helps you too!

0 Likes
BarryF
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Nimiaj for those plausible steps. 

Before reading your note, what I did that probably amounts to the same thing was unmount the SD chip, pop it out, then push it in again and after that the music reappeared in the Music app.

0 Likes