Lost Returned Phone - contact NC Atty General Consumer Complaint Div and BBB?
gowiththeflo

I'm dealing with a lost returned phone, this has been a total nightmare.

Around July 3, 2012 I turned in a non-functioning phone to the Sanford, NC Verizon location and was given a new one under the warranty. I was then given a mailer box to return the old one. I dropped it off in the shipping location and that's the last I ever heard of it. Around two months later when I happened to be visiting my son up in Greensboro I dropped in on the Verizon on Wendover, where I learned that I had a $650 charge on my bill for a damaged phone that they never got. The tracking # on the box was: <Tracking number removed per the TOS for privacy.> but there is no record of it hitting any shipping company. On October 2nd I got a call from a Verizon agent in Greenville, SC who told me that the charges would be taken off but then I learned that the charges were just put on hold.  I then had a discussion with another agent in SC who hung up on me. I just keep getting the run-around from customer service.

I'm a 75 year-old woman who has been a loyal customer of Verizon for over twenty years and I have never even paid a bill late that whole time, I always pay early.  I have heard that Verizon has had this problem before in Sanford and looking on these boards I can see that they have had this problem all over the place.

Here's a suggestion: how about taking the old, returned phones in the local stores where they can be signed and accounted for instead of handing out mailer boxes that carry no receipt and are subject to the whims of the shipping companies and the warehouse crew ? Verizon could reap a lot more customer goodwill with that simple solution instead of trying to bill outrageous charges for broken phones that never made it back.

I am thinking that the NC Attorney General's Consumer Complaint Division would be a good place to start as well as the Better Business Bureau.

- Disgusted, Formerly-Loyal Customer

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Lost Returned Phone - contact NC Atty General Consumer Complaint Div and BBB?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello gowiththeflo,

Wow! It does sound like you have been through a lot. What troubles me most (besides the fact that your device seems to have been lost) is that we said one thing and then another was done. I want to rectify this whole situation. In order to dig into your account, I would ask that you please Follow me and then Direct Message me your mobile number. Please also include a good #, time and date to call you and we can sort things out further. We're stopping the "run around" right here and right now. I look forward to speaking with you. Thanks!

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes