Lost Facebook Contact Pictures
yellowcanary
Contributor - Level 1
After doing hard reset lost all the pictures for my contacts that came from facebook how can I get these back.I've even tried adding a picture from my phone but will not show up.
0 Likes
Re: Lost Facebook Contact Pictures
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

yellowcanary wrote:
After doing hard reset lost all the pictures for my contacts that came from facebook how can I get these back.I've even tried adding a picture from my phone but will not show up.

Hey Canary, have you added the facebook account again?  If you do have your facebook account added already follow these steps.  If you don't already have the facebook added go to step 2.

1. Settings>Accounts>facebook>remove account.

2. Settings>Accounts>Add Account

Readd your facebook and when it is finished it will say "facebook set as source of contact pictures" or something like that.

Now you have all those little facebook pics near your contacts.

Let me know if that works.

Dj.

0 Likes
dana_r

I'm having a similar issue.  Some of my contacts have their facebook picture, and others are blank, or display the picture from my google contact list even when they are linked.  Everything was fine until the 2.2 upgrade.

Also, contact pictures in my text messaging only display those from google.  If there is no google contact picture, it shows the grey silouette.

I've deleted then re-added facebook, completed a factory reset and did a battery pull and nothing is working.  

0 Likes
yellowcanary73
I've tried all this several times.Time to give up on this all I did was do a reset which a few on here have suggested to make this 2.2 update run better won't do this again.This was the one thing I never had a problem with till now.
0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I would recommend what djtonic had suggested and remove the Facebook account and set it back up. Once the facebook account is set back up, I would recommend using Facebook as the picture source for your contacts, and ensuring that you have linked the contacts with their proper Facebook profiles. I have provided information on these steps below:

Open Applications tray, select My Accounts

1.         Your established accounts will be listed.

2.         Press Menu hard key. Select Picture source.

3.         Your social networking accounts such as Facebook, MySpace or Twitter will be listed as choices for source of pictures. Posted profile pictures from members of your contact list will be used. Select a social network to use as Picture source.  Press Ok.

• When you have selected a Picture source such as Facebook/Twitter/MySpace, the picture they have on that social network will always represent that contact and cannot be overridden with a photo you have chosen. This behavior may be modified in a future software release.

***Note*** Once the Facebook account is added, try linking the phones contacts to their proper Facebook profiles. The syncing only happens on its own if the phone contacts names match their Facebook names...if not you have to do it manually. Also, if the names do match, the syncing doesn’t happen right away.

0 Likes
Woody113

I have this issue - after doing a hard reset on my Droid Pro, I noticed that I can no longer choose the picture source for my contacts.  I originally did this by going into My Accounts, pressing the Menu hard key and selecting Picture Source.  But after my recent hard reset, the only option I have when I press the Menu key in My Accounts is "Add Account".   

Why do I no longer have the option to select Picture Source, and how can I correct this?

Any assistance is appreciated!

0 Likes