It's August 16th and we have yet to see Android OS 2.2 (Froyo).
Nismo6921

Okay Verizon is it now or never...We've given you a lot time. We even gave you an extra day according to the rumors we all saw online. Which I admit I have seen one story that said August 16 is the day of release for Froyo for the Droid products that have not received it yet. Why have you still not released the update yet? Do we need to stand outside your cooperate buildings with signs saying "We want Froyo" is that the kind of motivation you need? (I don't recommend doing this.)
Look we are all patient, loyal, mature, paying customers right? Give us some kind of clue of when you are planning to release it. Why do you have to keep the new software a secret from us? We know its coming we just have no idea when, and we are tired of being left in the DARK! Please let us know something, please give us a date. Please stop teasing us with Ooo's and Ahh's We want Froyo and we want it now!  On an additional note, I have no idea if anyone from Verizon actually reads this. I'm hoping they do but really this is to grab the attention of all the customers like me that are tired of Verizon being the only company that severely hides any information and delays every update for every phone they have ever released. If you feel the same way I do please submit a letter in writing to Verizon Cooperate or post a message on their Twitter or post a
question on their Support Forum. Do something to grab their
attention cause they need to know their customers mean business. Thank you to whoever reads this and I hope you share my grief's.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: It's August 16th and we have yet to see Android OS 2.2 (Froyo).
ericreinhardt
Contributor - Level 1

All the rumors are pointing to August 18 as the date as well as the android forums. Hopefully the Incredible will see it in 2 days but who knows. My Eight Ball app says reply hazy try again. So take it for what its worth.

Eric 

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I smashed my 8 ball last month when we lost 720p! But..... who knows. Maybe this is it?
0 Likes
24c
Contributor - Level 1

All I can say for sure, based on my experiences, is that after I get it, I'll have it, and no sooner.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

let them work everything out. trust me...you DO NOT want an update that's not as ready as it can be. see all eris users and the 2.1 update for reference! it was a nightmare.

0 Likes
Nismo6921
Okay so two more days...I shall wait and see what happens.
0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

let them work everything out. trust me...you DO NOT want an update that's not as ready as it can be. see all eris users and the 2.1 update for reference! it was a nightmare.

+1! This is just a carbon copy of waiting MONTHS for the 2.1 update for the Eris. People yelled and screamed and complained that they wanted their update and they wanted it NOW! Then when they got it, they yelled some more about the bugs. HTC Sense just makes getting it right that much tougher. It'll come when it comes.
0 Likes
PurpleJJ
0 Likes
Nismo6921
I've also seen this link that claims to be from a reliable source:
http://www.usanewsweek.com/news/HTC-Droid-Incredible-Getting-Android-2-2-Update-Aug-18-1281959240/
So that's two confirmed sources saying tomorrow is the day, lets hope it's true.
0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Might be put off a little because there was a delay with the Droid OTA.  Not sure where it is standing currently.  HTC has posted the source for both the Kernel and the 2.2 port so it can't be too much longer.  It is obviously ready to go if they have already posted it on their site. 

0 Likes