Issues with HDMI audio
blcrmqr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone experienced issues with choppy and distorted hdmi audio from the Bionic in mirror mode? The audio is consistently bad. I've tried multiple TVs and  multiple cords etc. I have 2 certified like new Bionics and they both have the bad audio. Its almost unbearable and basically makes you not want to use the hdmi function.  Verizon says that they have not logged many complaints on this but I have seen some discussions about this in other android forums.

Any idea on how to resolve this?  Is it a hardware issue?  Have any of you  seen the same issue and somehow resolved it?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Issues with HDMI audio
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello blcrmqr,

I can understand your frustration; what's the benefit of the HDMI function if you're not getting expected audio quality.  I would like to help.

Since you've posted, there has been a software update released that addresses the issue you're having with your DROID BIONIC.  The update is being released to devices over a period of time, starting today.  Please see the benefits & instructions for the update here.

I hope I have answered your questions, and have addressed your concerns.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
blcrmqr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks AnthonyTa_VZW for the  response.  Ironically after two devices and a factory data reset that was suggested by customer service,  I now know that the .901 update  may fix my issue. I found information about this system update by searching the internet after doing the factory data reset. I wish that the service rep had done so also  before I wipedout all of my device customizations with the reset that I was instructed to try. Sometimes I think a canned response to most problem is "try a factory data reset"  followed by "we can only try sending a another device" instead of truly researching the issue.

I have found simple internet searches and Motorola to be way more helpful than the initial troubleshooting I got fmro VZW.

But thanks again for you follow up. Any idea on how quickly the rollout should be completed? I see no update available yet.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

No problem at all blcrmqu!

I am here to assist you.  I couldn't tell you the time frame in which the update is pushed and completed; however, I will say it is done in phases.  You can keep checking periodically by following the instructions here.

Thanks, again, for your patience and for being a part of the Verizon Wireless Family!

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes