Re: New clear picture of the Motorola Droid
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Disturbed_One wrote:

fezzik wrote:

Currently most everything is rumors and speculation.  There were three possible processors and from what everyone seems to be agreeing on now is the 600 Mhz.  There are a few test units out there somewhere and people are leaking little tid bits here and there.  Most of the specs now are coming from questionable sources and some from people with varying degrees of clarity pictures of the phone presumably with hands on information about the specs and what not.  I am really hoping for at least 600mhz or higher as the new Iphone has 600Mhz.  Oh well.

I think anything slower than the 600Mhz will be a deal breaker for me...

Pretty much the standard Android processor until now has been a 528Mhz.  That is certainly changing as the Acer has already been officially announced with the 1Ghz Snapdragon processor.  I don't know what network is getting it but probably someone oversees.  600 Mhz is the high end Iphone so I was really hoping for at least that.  I really hope both phones are out before the end of November so I can check them out and make a decision.  If the HTC is touch only then decision made I will end up with Motorola.  My fingers cover 3 virtual buttons so those virtual keyboards are useless to me. 

0 Likes
Android 2.0 screenshots and walkthrough, updated UI!
sonyab523
0 Likes
Re: New clear picture of the Motorola Droid
Paleogirl2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Android 2.0 screenshot walkthrough

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/10/16/android-2-0-screenshot-walkthrough/?cp=all

pretty sick, not gonna lie

I am assuming (or at least I hope) the phone used in the above walkthrough is the MotoDroid

0 Likes
Re: Android 2.0 screenshots and walkthrough, updated UI!
Paleogirl2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

sonyab523,

sorry for the duplicate post, my internet is sluggish today

0 Likes
Re: Android 2.0 screenshots and walkthrough, updated UI!
n0yxl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Overall a very nice UI, that clock looks terrible though IMO.  I really like the analog clock of earlier builds....

0 Likes
Re: Pictures and Specs of HTC Hero and Motorola Tao
Disturbed_One

Now I just want a release date.

I've heard the 1st of December, but don't think that's offcial.
I'm hoping soon or at least in November!

0 Likes
BREAKING NEWS
sonyab523

Commercial airs live TODAY during the baseball game for Droid. Phone will be released in NOVEMBER.

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/motorola/droid/?cmp=OTC-Droid-redirect1

0 Likes
Re: BREAKING NEWS
n0yxl
Enthusiast - Level 3

sonyab523 wrote:

Commercial airs live TODAY during the baseball game for Droid. Phone will be released in NOVEMBER.

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/motorola/droid/?cmp=OTC-Droid-redirect1

Suweeet!  Thanks Sonya :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
sonyab523

Update:  The countdown clock has been cracked and it leads to a 10/30/2009 at 12:00 a.m. release. So actually it's November 1st. Someone is going to leak more pictures of the phone soon, and I will post them as soon as they are available.

November 1st is the release date of this phone.

0 Likes
n0yxl
Enthusiast - Level 3

sonyab523 wrote:

Update:  The countdown clock has been cracked and it leads to a 10/30/2009 at 12:00 a.m. release. So actually it's November 1st. Someone is going to leak more pictures of the phone soon, and I will post them as soon as they are available.

November 1st is the release date of this phone.

10/30/09 is a Friday, which would be more logical as a release date than on a Sunday -would it not?

0 Likes