Re: New clear picture of the Motorola Droid
n0yxl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Disturbed_One wrote:

Anyone one know the OFFICIAL specs?

I've read it has the 600Mhz CPU, yet also Verizon will get a 500Mhz CPU? (Not, I'm not confusing it with the GPU)

VZW is the sole recipient of this phone.  Specs are as listed in post #1 of this thread.

0 Likes
Disturbed_One

n0yxl wrote:

Disturbed_One wrote:

Anyone one know the OFFICIAL specs?

I've read it has the 600Mhz CPU, yet also Verizon will get a 500Mhz CPU? (Not, I'm not confusing it with the GPU)

VZW is the sole recipient of this phone.  Specs are as listed in post #1 of this thread.

I read the specs listed before.
Guess I'm wodering why Verizon-Phones.org has it listed as a 500Mhz?

Release date: Q4, 2009

Price:

Motorola Droid key features:

- 3.7″ screen
-854×480 WVGA capacitive screen
- 5 megapixel camera
- ARM Cortex 500MHz CPU
- Custom Motorola Interface/UI, no MOTOBLUR, no Verizon UI

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Currently most everything is rumors and speculation.  There were three possible processors and from what everyone seems to be agreeing on now is the 600 Mhz.  There are a few test units out there somewhere and people are leaking little tid bits here and there.  Most of the specs now are coming from questionable sources and some from people with varying degrees of clarity pictures of the phone presumably with hands on information about the specs and what not.  I am really hoping for at least 600mhz or higher as the new Iphone has 600Mhz.  Oh well.

0 Likes
Disturbed_One

fezzik wrote:

Currently most everything is rumors and speculation.  There were three possible processors and from what everyone seems to be agreeing on now is the 600 Mhz.  There are a few test units out there somewhere and people are leaking little tid bits here and there.  Most of the specs now are coming from questionable sources and some from people with varying degrees of clarity pictures of the phone presumably with hands on information about the specs and what not.  I am really hoping for at least 600mhz or higher as the new Iphone has 600Mhz.  Oh well.

I think anything slower than the 600Mhz will be a deal breaker for me...

0 Likes
sonyab523

What do you mean it says nothing about the OS? That's because the OS is Android which is already known and implied. The firmware list the version of Android, which is 2.0 Eclair.

0 Likes
sonyab523

The specs were leaked from someone who actually had the phone in hand. Many people are testers and get the phones early, this is where the majority of the pictures and information come from. The specs listed are accurate. The phone does not have a 500 MHZ processor.

0 Likes
Droid booting up.
sonyab523
0 Likes
n0yxl
Enthusiast - Level 3

sonyab523 wrote:

What do you mean it says nothing about the OS? That's because the OS is Android which is already known and implied. The firmware list the version of Android, which is 2.0 Eclair.

Ok. I did not realize that the Firmware # = OS version. 

0 Likes
Re: Droid booting up.
n0yxl
Enthusiast - Level 3

sonyab523 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBuLij0l7SU&feature=player_embedded

That is {word filter avoidance}!!!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Droid booting up.
Paleogirl2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

sonyab523 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBuLij0l7SU&feature=player_embedded

that is **bleep** sexy

anyone else think it looks kinda like the Eye of Sauron from LOTR?

0 Likes