Incredible amount of lockups
bobalay

I've been getting tons of lockups, force close & unresponsiveness with my HTC Incredible phone lately. I've already did a factory reset and made sure minimal amount of this are running but the lockups continue. The only way to fix it is shutting it off sometimes having to remove the battery.

Also why does Verizon make it impossible to contact tech support by email.

0 Likes
Re: Incredible amount of lockups
Lee-Lee
Contributor - Level 3

I understand that you have done a soft reset on the device, lets try a hard reset. While the phone is powered on, remove the battery. Wait a few seconds then replace the battery, and check to see if the issue is fixed. If you would like to email our tech support team, you can click on 'Contact Us" include in your email to send to Tech Support. HTH!

0 Likes
Re: Incredible amount of lockups
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Get rid of your AppKillers, and Virus scans.  They use up system resources and cause issues.  AppKiller capability is built in except for auto features and the auto features seem to be the worst culprits but not the only culprits.  Virus scans are unnecessary (not that viruses are impossible but unless you rooted your phone their effectiveness is severly limited) all they do is take up system resources at best and are malicious at worst.  Sadly when people are downloading virus scans they will give permissions that might make them question any other app and there has in the past been discovered virus scan apps that were really malicious in nature.  Best policy is avoid avoid avoid. 

0 Likes