Incredible - Pandora - Car Stereo
tlphillips54

Any suggestions/recommendations of how I can listen to Pandora via car speakers as I am traveling?

TL

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Incredible - Pandora - Car Stereo
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

If you don't haave an AUX input on your stereo, like a regular 3.5 jack that lets you plug straight in, try the Motorola T505 Hands free. I've found it to be one of the best mobile accessories I've every owned, for both the hands-free as well as the FM-transmitter. Worth every penny I paid for it. I drive all over the state for work and it's always with me. I'd be lost without it. And now that Froyo offers bluetooth voice dialing, it's just that much better.

There's my product endorsement for the day. :smileyvery-happy:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kelbell8564

I don't know the answer, but have been wondering the same thing. 

0 Likes
dgrimes87

Yes and it's actually very easy.  You need 2 things. You have to buy a auxillary cable at your local "tech shop" or business.  Local areas here that you may have include Radio Shack, Best Buy and Even Walmart sells them.  Next, your car stereo deck must have a "auxillary" or "aux" port.  Plug one side of the aux cable into the headphone jack on your phone, and then the other end into your aux jack on the stereo deck.  Your stereo most likely has atleast these 3 Modes.  CD - TUNER - AUX.  Set it to Aux and enjoy your pandora app in your car!

0 Likes
ballbusta
Enthusiast - Level 3

you could use an fm transmitter if you do not have a aux input I use monster cable 300 sound great easy to use

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-RadioPlay-Transmitter-MBL-FM-XMTR300/dp/B000E43GOO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&...

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Downside to running this in your car is the charging. In my car if I charge and play music via a 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm aux input I get some terrible whine noises. So I just don't charge. Bummer but its still sweet to plug and play!
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

dabbu.....that may be a quirk with your car??? i don't get any interfernece. i use the aux input in the (factory) car stereo. i do remember though, with my last car i got the same thing you are talking about if i had my xm radio unit plugged in to charge. it was actually pretty brutal!

0 Likes
marky2mark

I use a casette adapter, works great if your car has a casette player.  You can buy one at Fry's or Radio Shack for a few bucks.

0 Likes
NkyDroid

Dabbu/others- the whine/interference you have is most likely an issue with the grounding of your car.  Check and clean your grounding cable of your battery.  Should work. 

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

If you don't haave an AUX input on your stereo, like a regular 3.5 jack that lets you plug straight in, try the Motorola T505 Hands free. I've found it to be one of the best mobile accessories I've every owned, for both the hands-free as well as the FM-transmitter. Worth every penny I paid for it. I drive all over the state for work and it's always with me. I'd be lost without it. And now that Froyo offers bluetooth voice dialing, it's just that much better.

There's my product endorsement for the day. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
BIGANT78

First, you'll nedd a car stereo with Bluetooth capabilities. I have a JVC KWXR-810 which has two Bluetooth chanels. Front for phone, and rear for wireless devices such as i-pod. I play pandora via the Bluetooth in the rear chanel. It automatically links once the device is paired. For other models with similar capabilities, check JVC.COM. ECLIPSE, JENSEN, KENWOOD and SONY also offer this capability. I hope I've been helpfull. Oh, and the car stereo will not tag the music but can skip tracks, though you can only skip 6 per hour per station. Good luck.

0 Likes