Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

ha, good luck with that.  Verizon isn't going to hand you a Droid 2 just because you jumped the gun and bought old hardware.  Always research the phone online prior to buying it.  There's pretty much a 100% chance that the next version of a popular phone will come out 12 months or less from the original.

0 Likes
Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
austinmiller

froyo has not destroyed my phone but it has lagged it in so many ways. everytime I am in an application for more then a few seconds and I go to my home screen it takes a good 30 seconds for my apps in my home screen to come back. I have tried to delete apps from my phone and off my home screens and it still does it? idk what to do!

I still love my droid though

0 Likes
dannyohbee

So i updated my Droid X to 2.2 the exact hour that the OTA update was released. Everything seemed to be working fine at first, but then i noticed the endless amounts of problems!!!

First of all is the problem everyone is having with the text messages not being organized in the correct order.

I am also suffering EXTREME performance problems and battery issues. My batter life was amazing with 2.1, and i never had any performance issues. Now, since i have 2.2, it's been SUPER slow and laggy and glitchy, and locks up for 15 seconds at times, and does everything 5x slower than it used to. I won't even have anything running in the background and it still runs horrible. 

I've already done the factory reset, and at first it seemed like it fixed the performance problem, but now its doing it all over again. My phone has been unplugged from charger since 4am, and is about to die as i type this post, and it has hadly been used because i was at work for 8 hours.

This is **bleep**, and i hate 2.2 so far.

Anyone got any tips.

0 Likes
ziptie

I too am fed up with Verizon/Motorola.  My phone(Droid 1) updated to the 2.2 towards the end of August and it worked fine.  Then the beginning of September I received another update.  Later on I found out that this was a patch to the broken 2.2. This patch killed my e-mail sync with my work.  This is a deal breaker with me.  I rely on my work e-mail being sent to my phone so I can conduct business each day.  I could care less about updates that Verizon/Motorola have done so we can have Flash or better access to Twitter or Facebook.  Some of us actually use our phones for WORK and we need our flipping e-mail!!!!!!  Every time I call Verizon or Motorola I am either told that they are not aware of the problem or that it is not a big enough issue to look into or that I should just download a secondary e-mail app.  I bought the phone for the native e-mail, not to go download a second rate e-mail app or pay for an e-mail app.  Touchdown did not cut it for me and my 30 day trial is up.  WHAT NOW VERIZON??????  How is it that Touchdown or the other e-mail apps work with 2.2 and the native one does not?  Maybe Verizon/Motorola should hire the people that created the secondary e-mail apps to fix yours.  They have obviously figured it out.  Two weeks ago I was at a corporate Verizon store and the associate at the tec center was useless.  They said they had not heard of any issues with the e-mail.  Then they told me that I am eligible for an upgrade.   First off I did not create this issue with the phone, so if I upgrade, Verizon will be giving me a phone.  Second,  UPGRADE TO WHAT??????  This broken e-mail sync seems to have affected all the Verizon phones.  WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED????????

Incase someone from Verizon actually reads this, I have included links to pages that discuss this problem.  To those of you that are having similar problem, you are not alone. Enjoy..

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11177

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/bcc50ce4-0c97-4851-987d-1f5080d...

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?can=2&q=9973&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Owner%20Sum...

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11629

Something from Motorola's site:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/37186?tstart=0

Something from Verizon's site:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-by-Motorola/Droid-frg22d-update-stops-syncing-with-exchange-2010/t...

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

What was wrong with Touchdown?  It beats the crap out of the stock client handsdown.  It is a shame though that one has to download a 3rd party app to provide support that should be included natively.  It's funny that Verizon takes forever to provide updates and goes though plenty of test builds as can be seen by all of the leaks on Android and Blackberry, yet they still let huge bugs through.  And I do agree that the developers and custom rom community should improve upon the default android build and that be what is put on the phone.  If Verizon supported OTA updates for any of the custom roms out, people would see exactly how great the phone can be.

0 Likes
number73

Class Action Lawsuit.....

do we have a lawyer in the mix?

I hate to play the Class Action Lawsuit card, but this is the only way a corporate company will listen to any individual.

Please let me know if anyone has any info on a class action lawsuit against Verizon Wireless for their lack of resolution for a obvious faulty software/product.

0 Likes
mvalle70

Already had my Droid replaced twice under warranty ever since 2.2 came out. 

This 3rd phone which I've had for 1 weeks is acting up however I'm running it as plain and carefully as I can without having to add to many applications.

Just yesterday it crashed and when restarted it was stuck in the Activate phone sequence.  I have no clue why and VZ store had to do a manual activation and bypass the normal sequence to get it to work.  I'm knocking on wood hoping it will be the end of the Droid and 2.2 problems.

Third time is the charm and if not I will be raising hell and getting it replaced but this time for another phone.

0 Likes
madroid1

don't worry all 2.2.1 is coming to fix everything..LOL.. I have been running if for about 2 weeks and my phone battery is amazing.

check out this link

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12022046/screenshot_8.jpg

0 Likes
washd123
Enthusiast - Level 1

mines been running ridiculously slow, especially the messaging app, it takes a few minutes to start up and refresh as well as it'll open up the wrong convo and send texts to the wrong people. performance in general has suffered as well as battery life.

madroid1

I just must be lucky, my wife and I both have droid 1's. her's is stock running 2.2 /frg22, mine is rooted running 2.2.1/with a custom build. her's runs just as smooth as mine. granted her proximity sensor went out and we had to get a replacement. They did offer a droid x or droid 2 but we turned them down and stayed with D1's. it you look at the specs D2 are the same as a D1 most all of the changes are cosmetic. the processor is a little faster and the memory is larger. but both of these can be acheived with the D1. My D1 is currently running fast enough to smoke anything on the market including iphone 4.

see attached link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12022046/screenshot_1.png

0 Likes