IS THERE A VOICE MESSAGING
Wetmoref2
Enthusiast - Level 2

... which will actually send an actual recorded sound file to a mobile phone? It's one thing to send a web-link to the sound file when the mobile can't receive and/or play sound files but to take such action by default isn't really voice messaging! Likewise, voice to txt and txt to voice isn't voice messaging either. With my Blitz I could send "text"; "picture"; and, "voice" messages. The Droid doesn't seem to have the voice message feature....

Words in print are often insufficient for carrying inflection; urgency; sarcasm; or, humor.

I miss my voice messaging!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IS THERE A VOICE MESSAGING
Tidbits
Legend

you should be able to do so through your voice messanging app.

open your text messaging app and then hit menu button there should be a insert button with a paper clip icon.  From there you can send audio either new or existing.

There are also apps like Handcent, GoSMS, and few others out there I don't remember off the top of my head.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

you should be able to do so through your voice messanging app.

open your text messaging app and then hit menu button there should be a insert button with a paper clip icon.  From there you can send audio either new or existing.

There are also apps like Handcent, GoSMS, and few others out there I don't remember off the top of my head.

0 Likes
CloudTalk

Hey... I loved to hear your request for Voice.  My Company CloudTalk feels the same way.  Check out our App in the Droid Marketplace or App Store.  You will be able to message with your voice, text, video and images to 1 friend or a group of friends.  It's free - Check it out.  'CloudTalk Messenger'

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

There is voicemail, too, you know...

0 Likes
Wetmoref2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey.

I didn't get an e-mail notice regarding this response -- I'd have responded before now.

Anyway, I thank you. I did find that option and have even made use of it.

Again, thanks for the assist.

0 Likes
Wetmoref2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey.

The idea is to avoid a ringing phone or having to make a phone call.

I use the voice message function for those instances when a printed word won't convey the message appropriately but I still don't need to interrupt a person's day. In my experience, people often need to hear the timbre of my voice in order to understand certain bits of whit or whimzy. In print many people miss humor, sarcasm, and satire, often such tones, in print, are mistaken for sincerity.

0 Likes
Wetmoref2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey.

No promises... but I'll keep it in my mind.

0 Likes