Re: ICS Issues after upgrade-This Ice Cream Sandwich is not very tasty
aplmedic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Jakeman1!!  I'm now nearing the 9 hour mark and still waiting for the screen to clear. I'm really glad I waited till I was off shift to start this. This is about as bad as having a bricked phone!!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

The I.C.S update gives allot but in return it Takes allot to get it Loaded right and for it to Function Properly) it Took over and Hour to load it on my Maxx when the OS was released to Razr Owners i was using my Wi-Fi to Download it took the Longest of any of the other OS to pull in.. b33

0 Likes
aplmedic
Enthusiast - Level 2

B33, I noticed the very long download time as well. The installation was moving along pretty well until it hit my media files. Unfortunately I have alot on my phone so I'm gonna have to grin and bare it for the time being. *sigh*

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup i.c.s is a biggen and one thing aplmedic if your battery is mid way down or at the Lower limits slap her on the Charger and then just let things do as they are) i thought my Maxx was done a couple of times and it wasn't it Kept going and it will Update your apps as well to Work with I.C.S so let that do that i think mine Beeped 3 time when it was all done..

0 Likes
aplmedic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you B33!!! I've kept mine on the charger from the beginning just in case. I'm really glad I didn't need my phone today!! That would have really sucked!!!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup it would be a Real stinker when Getting a Update of this nature the phone has got to be totally free of calls and other things) Or the Day could become Long and the Fat dogs on the Grill and a the 6 Pack Bud just wouldn't be enough b33

sage419

I, too, am experiencing all of the above.  The phone now runs hot all the time (it did not before) and the battery lasts about a third of the time it used to (if not less).  Apps that used to run with no issues won't even open.  Icons seem to appear and disappear from my homescreen at random.  My phone is now less functional than ever.  My guess is that Verizon knows about the issues, but does not care.  If this is the best they could do, they should have just left it alone.

0 Likes
saiyonk

i have found that if you disable the media service   com.motorola.android.omadrm  the CPU stops running overtime, the battery stops discharching and the phone cools off/doesnt get hot -

i have a suspicion that it has to do with me saying YES when asked if i wanted to Share my Media...

can someone tell me 2 things -  how can i restore or reinstall the update?    or is there a way to change my selection to NO for sharing media?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Battery on these Post ICS is a downer for the first day or two until everything syncs up.

A few things you can do for the battery life as well.

1) Disable ALL of the Bloatware or apps you do NOT use (they do use battery)

2) Turn OFF Auto Wifi On (with it on, it causes the phone to search for Wifi and uses a lot of battery

3) If you are NOT in a 4g Area download LTE On/Off and change your phone to 3G until you get 4G. This will save a lot of battery

4) Turn off Background Data Sync

Now by nature we all like to play with things so usually the first week or so after an upgrade, your battery life is down. Mostly from us playing with the device to see how it works.

I have had ICS for almost a week now and my Battery is right back up where it was PRe ICS in terms of how long it lasts.

enelson321
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been through several OS upgrades both on the Bionic and on other phones and have NEVER had it take more than 20 minutes to an hour. It is EXTREMELY frustrating to essentially have my phone "bricked" for 12 -20+ hours with absolutely no warning. I read the install notification and it did not mention that this particular update could take 10+ hours.

I will wait it out, but next time there needs to be a clear warning about the predicted and worst case update periods before they push an upgrade out to my phone or I will suffer the indignity of switching to apple (and T-mobile) out of sheer frustration.