I'm growing increasingly frustrated with my "replacement" Droid X2?
Shapini

So I've decided to start a thread that counts how many times my phone either freezes or restarts itself, I've restored it to the same condition program and application wise as my old phone.  As a note my old phone was submerged in a body of water twice and dried using brown rice, and it still performed better than my current "replacement" phone before finally succumbing to the recent flash flooding here in Las Vegas. 

In order to maintain this thread's question status I will ask: IS anyone aware of a solution to my problems besides the following which I have already tried?

- Hard Reset - Leaving phone as a blank slate for a day did nothing to improve its disposition.

- Safe Mode - Phone continued to reset and freeze despite the only third party application (Aura for EVE Online) not being active

- Application Issues - The above mentioned application is currently the only third party app on my phone, it caused no issues with my previous Droid X2 and has never suffered any issues itself.

As of 2:30 AM 7/27/2013 my phone has:

FROZEN: 3 TIMES

RESTARTED: 8 TIMES

0 Likes
Re: I'm growing increasingly frustrated with my "replacement" Droid X2?
B33
Legend

Well some of your issues may be due in part there are No more updates for the Older phones as in the X2 if you haven't updated to the Very last update that was out for the Droid X2 i would try that..you might also try going to your Local Store and see if they can flash the phone and then from there reload your stuff on it..  Give that a Shot..

0 Likes
Shapini

I've already made sure that my Droid X2 is using the latest software available for it.  I'm also aware that the X2 never got past the Gingerbread update for Android, something I thought odd.  Neither of these would be an issue however as these were the same on my old X2.  Thanks for the reply though B33!

I've come up with to options on how to proceed.  The first is what you mentioned, get to a local store somehow and see if they could determine my problem.  My other option is just buy a newer phone, something I am reluctant to do as I just paid the deductible to replace my old one, and I don't like spending so much money at once.  Also my contract won't give me a new phone until July next year.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well i though I'd try and help as Much as I Could)  I have the Original Droid X and i'v always had a special place for it I hated to shut mine down but i wanted the Faster speeds so i got a Razr Maxx  I like it so much i got another one but my Droid X looks as Good as Any new phone that leaves the Store.. I call her my Baby Droid X and she mostly stays in her Box but every once in a While Like  U.P's Steam Engine's 844 and 3985 I charge her batteries and Wake her up.. put her on the Rails b33

Here's some Steam Engine in Action:. http://goo.gl/7pwJbk  Enjoy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Shapini

I see you've gone through a number of troubleshooting steps to try and resolve your device issues!  I greatly appreciate and applaud your efforts.

I also see you mentioned receiving this device as an insurance replacement.  Have you reached out to Asurion (888-881-2622) to inquire about the device warranty?  They hold the warranty to the insurance replacement.  You also mentioned upgrading, and that you're not eligible until next July.  Are there any other lines on your account currently eligible for upgrade that you could possibly borrow?

Keep in mind, you can always purchase a new device at retail cost and possibly break up the payments over a 12 month period http://bit.ly/15JDXje.  We also have a Certified Pre-Owned Replacement Program http://vz.to/16vfYHl you may want to consider.  Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes