Re: I Am Receiving Multiple Duplicate Text Messages
kevjohn_forever

Yep, I am aware of that now. I went looking for one immediately after that debacle. I chose GO SMS Pro. The bad thing is that I actually like the simple stock Motorola texter. So I use that and have GO SMS storing texts in the background.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use an application like this one and still use the stock text message application.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
smover
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is the first time that I had heard about a possibility that the issue may stem from a corrupt gmail account. I have consistently had the duplicate text message issue, first with my original Droid X and now with a new Droid X2. When I originally called and spoke with a tier 2 tech at Verizon, they told me that this was a known issue and that the Gingerbread update was supposed to resolve this. However, I cannot recall specifically, but I feel like the issue started for me with the Gingerbread update.

The solution provided by the tier 2 Verizon tech was to send me a Droid X2 and have me send my original Droid X back to Verizon. This stopped the duplicate text messages for about two weeks or so and then they came back. I am now experiencing a new issue in which I will send a text myself and it will show that it went through, then when I come back to the text messaging app the text from my last message is still showing in the editor as if I never hit send, yet I can clearly see my sent message in the conversation thread with my contact.

I have tried all of the suggestions to put an end to this nonsense of duplicate messages and nothing seems to work. I have done battery pulls, I have cleared the cache for text messaging apps, I have deleted 3rd party apps and only used the stock messaging app, I have updated my roaming capabilities and reprogrammed my phone. Nothing has worked.

I called Verizon again today and spoke with a different tier 2 tech. At first she claimed that she saw the note in my account from the tech stating that this was a known issue, but that she could not find any documentation on the forums about this being a known issue. I called her on this and said that it is known issue and that I have been on the forums and know that other customers are having the same issue. After what I am assuming was her researching more, she admitted to me that this was an issue with Motorola. They were supposedly working on a software update that is supposed to correct this issue, but that she had no timeline on when Motorola would release an update. She said that they were at the mercy of Motorola on when this issue would be resolved. She was originally suggesting that I perform a master reset to try to correct the issue, but by the end of the conversation admitted that this would only be a temporary solution.

Has anyone else heard anything different? I don't understand how an issue such as this can continue for so long without a resolution. Does anyone know if this problem exists with other smart phones on Verizon? I am due for an upgrade soon and will go with a different phone manufacturer if it will solve the issue with the duplicate text messages.