How to I transfer programs from an old Droid X2 to a new one ?
RLShog

I bought a Droid X2 in January, and right from the start I wasn't at all impressed with the phone.  The reception wasn't very good anywhere, and people were always asking me to repeat myself.  I decided to live with it, since I liked all the games and utilities that I could get and I don't use it very much. 

I finally got very frustrated with it, and I got a new phone yesterday. I was told at the Verizon office that all the information on the phone was stored in a backup file somewhere out there in the ether, and that replacing it would be a simple little slam dunk operation.  This has turned out to be not the case at all.  Apparently I have to remember what was on it and reload each program individually.  This seems to be such a huge diversion from what I was led to believe originally that I wonder if I'm getting bad info (which happens only too often with Verizon personnel).

What's the true skinny on getting my apps from my old phone to my new one ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to I transfer programs from an old Droid X2 to a new one ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so glad you were able to get a replacement phone, RLShog. As mdram4x4 stated, once you set the phone up with the same GMAIL information that was used to originally set up the phone, your information will come back (applications).
You can go via the device. Please go to:
Play Store
Menu
My Apps

If you want, you can also access the information via a computer
Go to play.google.com
Select My Android Apps
Sign in using Google Gmail sign in
Upper left you will see My Android Apps
This should help you out.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

once you put your google account info it go to the google play store

it should know what apps you downloaded

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so glad you were able to get a replacement phone, RLShog. As mdram4x4 stated, once you set the phone up with the same GMAIL information that was used to originally set up the phone, your information will come back (applications).
You can go via the device. Please go to:
Play Store
Menu
My Apps

If you want, you can also access the information via a computer
Go to play.google.com
Select My Android Apps
Sign in using Google Gmail sign in
Upper left you will see My Android Apps
This should help you out.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
04rockotaco
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is handy info, thanks. I will be doing a factory reset on my X2 to see if I can clear up some issues I am having (https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/782100) and will be looking to restore all of my info as well.

0 Likes