How do I get a contact's name/photo to appear when they call/text (rather than their number)?
CyberAmazon54

I have one contact with whom I communicate regularly and their photo image appears whenever they call or text me. I don't know what I did to make that happen, and I cannot get it to happen for the other people in my Contact List. Can anyone tell me how I can get a name or photo to appear whenever someone from my Contact List either calls or texts me? I cannot recognize everyone in my CL by simply their phone number! TYSM!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get a contact's name/photo to appear when they call/text (rather than their number)?
Lynn5681
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the area code.  I didn't have it on my sisters phone number, but when I added it her picture shows up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I get a contact's name/photo to appear when they call/text (rather than their number)?
rcschnoor
Legend

If you did not add the photo for the contact which DOES show the photo, it is most likely because it was populated by Facebook.

You can add a photo to any of your contacts you would like. Just open up the contact, edit it and add the photo. You could also add the photo on your computer via the Gmail website.

0 Likes
CyberAmazon54

The contact in which the photo does appear (along with the contact's name as well) is one that I added myself. I have photos added for many of the people in my Contact List, but neither their photo nor their name appears to me whenever they call or text me.

I know how to add a photo to a contact's information within my Contact List. I need to know how I can make that photo (or even the contact's name) appear whenever I have an incoming call/text from them. What I am seeing is just their phone number, and I do not know everyone's phone number well enough to recognize from whom I am getting a call/text. It would be much easy if their photo or name appeared instead.

TYSM for your speedy reply to my query, but the information that you have provided does not solve my issue.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Got to your settings and see if there isn't something you need to change.  I have a different phone and they all show up.

0 Likes
CyberAmazon54

Checked settings, and I am not seeing anything of any relevance there. I have also checked everything that I can alter in the contact's information as it appears within the Contact List. Nothing.

It's a mystery. :c

In searching other posts, I ran across instructions for checking to ensure that "Show Number Only" is NOT checked (Menu -> View). It is NOT checked, and I couldn't find anything else there that appeared that it could control this issue..,. like is there some place to go for the individual contact and check "Show name/photo"? (I don't think this should be that difficult... and yet it IS!)

0 Likes
Lynn5681
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the area code.  I didn't have it on my sisters phone number, but when I added it her picture shows up.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If the picture is not populating from FB, When you choose to edit a contact, on the top left of the edit screen will be a picture of a camera. Click on that to add a photo to their info.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Yes, you are right. You have to enter the area code when adding numbers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love being able to identify people when they call me, CyberAmazon54. So I hear what you're saying. The community has provided you with some great info. The last thing to check would to ensure that you have the number saved exactly the way your incoming calls come into you. Otherwise, your phone will not recognize the number and no picture will populate. So if your calls come in with 10 digits, you need to save that number to the contact. Let me know if this helps.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CyberAmazon54

So sorry, budone, but you did not read this thread thoroughly enough to provide a relevant response. I have already stated that I know how to take a picture with my phone as well as add it to a contact's information. Your input is appreciated but unrelated to my issue. Smiley Sad

0 Likes