How To Add Album Art: Step By Step
Thrill_killer

I have my music on my X with WMS (Windows Media Sync) I like it's ease of use. I asked a similar question 1 to 2 weeks ago.

Can I add the Album Art to my music file on my X. And how do I do that? So it comes up with the album that I play? A step by step would be nice.

Reading the reviews of some album art grabber apps,some don't like them. Saying that the art grabbed isn't permenant,etc. Is there a way to make the album art not delete but stay as long as the music is on there?

Is it easy to add the artwork. Let me know when you have the time.

My music is in my Windows Media Player in MP3 @ 320kbs.

I also have iTunes with the music in MP3 @ 320kbs.

Sorry my question is so noobish. But I cant figure it out on my own.

0 Likes
Re: How To Add Album Art: Step By Step
Wildman
Legend

I actually answered all these questions when you asked it the first time... why don't you just look up you first post and check out response.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/ALBUM-ART-HOW-TO-GET-IT-ON-THE-X/m-p/346950#M16302

0 Likes
TaeSong
Contributor - Level 1

If you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7, just use Windows Media Player.

Open Windows Media Player (11 if you are using Windows Vista, 12 if you are using Windows 7)

Drag & drop music you want to sync to Windows Media Player to add it to it's Library.

To add album image, edit the information in Library or easier method...

Right-click on where the album image should be and select "Find album info" (internet connection required).

Windows Media Player will search Microsofts media database for matching album information, including album cover image.

Once you have edited or downloaded the album image and information, you try syncing with Droid X.

DROIDX should be listed near the bottom of the list in Windows Media Player, if not you need to connect or try reconnecting the Droid X with PC via USB cable.

Once DROIDX shows up in Windows Media Player, look at the top right and select Sync tab. 

Click on Next device till you see DROIDX (left pane).

Drag & drop your music into the Sync list (left pane, under DROIDX).

Click on Start sync (left pane, above DROIDX)

0 Likes
Thrill_killer

@TaeSong

Using my Windows Media Player is how I got my music on my X in the first place. All of my music in WMP has the Album Art.

It just didn't transfer over to my X when the music transfered.

I brought up WMP. Plugged in my X. WMP recognized it I started dragging and dropping whole albums to the right. Then hit SYNC. It synced up fast and easy. Just no album art.

So,that's my question how to get it on my X with the music already on it?

I downloaded Tag&Rename. But it lokes like it's got a learning curve. I downloaded the User Manual. But I didn't see anything specific as in a "How TO" with respect to adding Album Art to music already in place. Or to do it at all. I know that it can. It just doesn't say how.

I'm not a Nube with a computer. I learned Adobe PhotoShop,which has a STEEP learning curve. People at work showed me so much. As what I needed to do wasn't in the Photoshop help guides. Which I think is the same case here with Tag&Rename. I'm sure it will do what I want. It's manual just doesn't say how.

So,that's what I need to know. How?

0 Likes
TaeSong
Contributor - Level 1

Start Market and search Album... try Album Art Grabber and Cover Art Downloader.

0 Likes
TaeSong
Contributor - Level 1

Cover Art Downloader doesn't seem to be compatible with Android OS 2.3.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TaeSong wrote:

The DROID X has Android 2.2.1 and MotoBlur version 2.3...

Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) is a long way off from being loaded unto the DROID X.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TaeSong
Contributor - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:

TaeSong wrote:

The DROID X has Android 2.2.1 and MotoBlur version 2.3...

Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) is a long way off from being loaded unto the DROID X.

Cover Art Downloader doesn't appear to be compatible with Droid X and Android OS 2.2.1

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Check out Cover Art Downloader or Android ID3 on market, it looks like it may work well and its free..

Android ID3 seems nice...

CAP2010121816581.jpg - - CAP2010121817211.jpg

0 Likes
birbeck
I am the author of Cover Art Downloader. Could you please let me know what kind of issues you are having with it on your Droid X? It has been tested on both Droid X and there are many happy Droid users on d1, d2, inc and x.

Fyi, it has been tested and works great on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).
0 Likes