Help with Ringtone Assignment Issues
scubba82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Downloaded the apps Mabilo and Zedge Ringtones.  Have my Incredible settings set to one ringtone for the default ringtone.  Assigned certain numbers different ringtones through Mabilo, when people info is checked, their individual ringtones show up under each profile.  When one of those people call, their ringtone does not ring, it takes on the default ringtone.  What am I doing wrong?  Please help...

0 Likes
Re: Help with Ringtone Assignment Issues
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue ... although my wife's phone works just fine.

I have tried reprogramming the phone (*228) and pulling and re-inserting the battery.  When I reapply the ring tone to the individual contact numbers, they will work only until the phone goes to sleep ... wake the phone back up and all contacts revert back to the default phone ring tone.

:smileysad:

0 Likes
Livy

I have the exact same issue. I even went into the Verizon store by my house & had the people there take a look. They had my phone 45 minutes, took it into the back & when they came out they said they had fixed the problem just by taking out the battery and putting it back in. Definitely didn't work. I called the store and they said they had just added a couple of their numbers into the phone & the ringtone assignment had worked. So I tried deleting one of my contacts & adding it manually. Still nothing. I'm starting to think the people at the store just got frustrated and SAID they'd gotten it to work just so I would leave. I'm pretty frustrated about the fact that I paid ALOT of money for this phone and it can't do something as simple as play different ringtones for different contacts. My old phone can do that!!

Anyone had any luck figuring out how to fix the problem? The store said they could do a hard boot and erase everything, but quite frankly, it's a pain in my butt to have to take everything off the phone & try to put it back on.

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

I took my phone into the local VZW store last night.  They did the hard reboot and gave it back saying that it was working ... but alas, after charging the phone over night, I'm back to square one.  The hard boot had no effect .... I'm on the phone to Verizon support right now.

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

Ok ... it turns out that this is a hardware issue.  The VZW tech rep called HTC support with me on the line.  HTC recommended either a soft reset or a hard reset to fix the problem.  When I informed him that we had already tried both with no success, he recommended replacement of the phone.  VZW is ordering my replacement as I type ....

0 Likes
jude21

Good luck TLBauer3617, They replaced my SD card on Friday thinking that was the problem. Then on Saturday it was messed up again. So they gave me a new phone yesterday. Everything was fine last night. Then my mom just called me and it played the default ring not the one I gave her. It seems to be a problem once the phone is turned off or goes to sleep. I'm not sure but that seems to be the case. I think Mabilo needs to fix this problem or update it for 2.1 so we can get back to having our lives back!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

jude21 wrote:

Good luck TLBauer3617, They replaced my SD card on Friday thinking that was the problem. Then on Saturday it was messed up again. So they gave me a new phone yesterday. Everything was fine last night. Then my mom just called me and it played the default ring not the one I gave her. It seems to be a problem once the phone is turned off or goes to sleep. I'm not sure but that seems to be the case. I think Mabilo needs to fix this problem or update it for 2.1 so we can get back to having our lives back!

This is definately a Mabilo issue as I do not use it and my assigned ringtones are just fine.

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

jude21 wrote:

Ok ... Apparently, this was an issue with a task killer that I had installed.  I received the new phone from VZW and restored all my contacts.... Ring tones worked just fine!  Hey, we're getting somewhere ... Reinstalled my apps .... Boom!  Ring tones back to the default again ... Uninstalled the task killer ... Turned off phone and back on again ... Hey, ring tones are working again .... Re-installed task killer ... No more custom ring tones ... OK ... So, the task killer goes.  I was using the "Task Manager" (little green android holding the red X) by Rhythm Software ... Now, I'm using the Task Manager by Apollo Software ... It works and so do my ring tones!

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

TLBauer3617 wrote:

Ok ... Apparently, this was an issue with a task killer that I had installed.  I received the new phone from VZW and restored all my contacts.... Ring tones worked just fine!  Hey, we're getting somewhere ... Reinstalled my apps .... Boom!  Ring tones back to the default again ... Uninstalled the task killer ... Turned off phone and back on again ... Hey, ring tones are working again .... Re-installed task killer ... No more custom ring tones ... OK ... So, the task killer goes.  I was using the "Task Manager" (little green android holding the red X) by Rhythm Software ... Now, I'm using the Task Manager by Apollo Software ... It works and so do my ring tones!

TLBauer3617 is correct. If you have a task killer or task manager, make sure you put the Ringtone assigning application in the ignore list so when your phone goes to sleep it will not be auto killed.

0 Likes
jude21

Yes, yes, yes and YES!!!!!!!!! OMG I love you both! Finally I have my life back and my ringtones and to know I was not the only one! At least they work for now. Hope it still works after this now. I had the Advanced Task Manager. Now I have the one suggets here.

0 Likes