Re: Has anyone got any real help from Verizon or HTC about the reboot issue?
AndroidDuckPower

I know this is not a fix but at least I no longer have to hear the "droooid" sound when my phone does reboot.

Install "Silent Boot" app from the Play Store and sleep in peace until HTC comes up with a software fix.

link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antweb.silentboot&hl=en

I also turn the phone upside down to prevent the bright screen from waking me up.

Hope this can help some of you.

Cheers

0 Likes
jrmathis
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did this at 3 am, after my phone kept going for over an hour.  I took the SD card out, and did the cache partition wipe, and then it rebooted and did not loop.  Then I powered off, inserted the SD card (with all my apps that will work that way), and it rebooted, and has not looped since...of course, it was 4 am by the time I finished, so we will see what tonight brings.

Verizon support at 3 am was less than worthless.  Pull the battery.  Oh, that did not work, you have a defective phone.  Want to buy a new one since you have two upgrades???  Refused to comment on the fact that the OTA update triggered this and it is a long thread online on this forum.

Worthless.  If I had any decent coverage from another provider in my area, I would dump Verizon.  I sure won't get another HTC phone.

Thanks for all your help out there, this forum really was a sleep saver last night!!

0 Likes
Samsung4Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

The real question here is why in the world do you still have that phone. Come on... get a upgrade, that phone is like 4 years old, any bugs in there are not going to be fixed, verizon no longer supports updates for that phone, seriously just upgrade your phone.

0 Likes
droidterrible
Enthusiast - Level 1

Really? The phone is 2 years and 4 months old exactly. That means anyone who got this phone with a 2-year plan upgrade (meaning almost everyone) would have had to get it in its first 4 months to be eligible for a new phone by now. Otherwise, we're stuck with this phone or are forced to pay full price for a new one. I'm pretty sure Verizon should still be providing support for a phone that thousands of people on their service are currently using. I agree that as soon as my plan upgrade is eligible, I'm getting rid of this phone. But I'm also getting rid of verizon for the awful support they've provided me for this phone over the past 2 shitty years of it's existence. Don't be a dick for no reason Samsung4Eva

Rinch
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Incredible wouldn't install the new software, kept hanging up..then the do you want to install message kept appearing 15 to 20 times a day. After reading posts here, and HTC and the Android discussion sites, I figured why install it if the 2AM problem was going to create problems also. Had been to Verizon store...no clue at all.

Finally called Verizon tech support and got a man in Greenville, SC who walked me thru, wiping out everything after backing my phone and SD card info onto the computer.  It worked, and after one night, didn't get the 2AM problem, fingers crossed, so if you call verizon tech support,  missed his name, ask for the ex Air Force Tech in Greenville, SC tech support.

Thanks to him if any supervisors are watching this.

Rich

AMQ
Enthusiast - Level 1

you know what, i am having the same problem where OS update screen keeps comming back again and most apps on my phone stopped working (crashing).

Why Verizon is forcing me into the upgrade (pay more for new devices and contract). I don't need any new features and I was just fine the way it was. Contacted the Verizon Store (Lawrenceville, NJ) and smart guys there saying I need to buy new phone and new plan and new contract.

Are these smartphones are disposbale (with only couple of years of service life?). I still have that old Nokia basic phone that is not smart but works on all my international trips (keep changing/charging the SIM).

Its a monopoly that these few companies have created and forcing the customers and its worst in US. I have not seen this in Europe and Asian market.

Verizon sucks$$$$

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know no one likes their phone to reboot randomly, especially at 2am! There have actually been some apps that cause the HTC devices to reboot at inconvenient times, so be careful what's being downloaded to the phone. One thing that has resolved this more times than not is the Master Reset mentioned previously if your software is already up to date. To check for the latest software, go to www.vzw.com/support and then select Device > Choose your phone > Select Software Update. If your phone is already up to date and a reset is the next step, type "Reset HTC Droid" in the search at www.vzw.com/support for step by step on completing the reset. ^JH

0 Likes
jrmathis
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did factory reset the phone, to no avail.  There are multiple threads on this topic, so this is not isolated to me and my apps.

For me, it seems Verizon/HTC broke my phone with the OTA update, and refuse to take responsibility or offer to help 'make it right'.

0 Likes
jrmathis
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did end up having to upgrade my phone..It cost me $260 and I lost my unlimited data plan.  That is why I did not want to upgrade what was working just fine for me until Verizon/HTC broke it.

AMQ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel the same way. It’s a highway robbery. It was only governments that had these powers and now these monopolies competing with gov when FTC is in bed with them. I pay more for my communication (phone, tv, internet, mobile etc) than house rent - beat that!

0 Likes